Rivals of Aether indie fighter gets an update on Linux and Mac support. So the indie fighting game in 2018 is looking much better. Well that and the Developer Recap and Preview from Dan Fornace. Since this is a lengthy read, this post highlights the good stuff, including new characters.
Rivals of Aether: 2017 Developer Recap and Support Update:
“While adding characters, we are also planning on the designs for our Definitive Edition. And what improvements players can expect when that releases. We are currently targeting Summer 2018 for it to release. The Definitive Edition will come with the base game. Plus all of the characters. Players who purchased the original Rivals of Aether. Also get all the non-character Definitive Edition features. And we’ll have a way for them to upgrade to the Definitive Edition. If they don’t already have all the characters.”
Rivals of Aether Launch Trailer (Windows, coming to Linux and Mac)
“Finally in 2018, we will be looking to bring Rivals of Aether to more platforms. These won’t be happening until we have completed the Definitive Edition. As that is the version we plan to bring to consoles. Right now we are prioritizing the Nintendo Switch. Since we are currently looking into developers. Those who can help us port the game with Game Maker Studio. So we can release on the Switch. We also have plans for both Mac and Linux for late 2018. But may or may not release with netcode support. That depends on if we can get help on programming that aspect. Finally we have plans for a Windows 10 Store release for Rivals of Aether. Sometime in 2018 but that has a similar issue as Mac and Linux. Since we do not currently have a netcode solution for Windows 10. Also, make sure you follow Rivals of Aether on Twitter. So you can get the latest news on what platforms. And when you can expect to play them.”
What is Rivals of Aether?
Rivals of Aether set in a world. Where warring civilizations summon the power of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. Choose a Rival to bring into the battlefield. Then manipulate the powers of the classical elements and animal movement. Praised for its competitive gameplay and intensive training tools. Rivals of Aether is the perfect entry to the Platform Fighter genre.
Rivals of Aether Features:
- Choose VERSUS MODE to duke it out in competitive 1v1 or 2v2 fights, or jump into a free-for-all.
- Play STORY MODE to learn the backstory behind each rival and begin to uncover the hidden mysteries of Aether.
- Dive into ABYSS MODE to see how many waves of shadowy fighters you can defeat and reach the leaderboards alone or with a friend. Customize your Abyss Mode builds and challenge your friends in ABYSS VERSUS .
- Take your skills online in ONLINE VERSUS ! Play against your friends or test your skills in RANKED MODE to climb the leaderboard.
- Study TUTORIAL MODE to hone your skills from beginner to advanced lessons. Or boot up PRACTICE MODE to get your hands on all the frame data and hitbox visualizations.
Since the Rivals of Aether update boasts some positive news. The games late year arrive on Linux and Mac is interesting. But not a disappointment. So for all those interested, check the Steam and Humble Store. The games priced at $14.99 USD.