Rogue Star Rescue is a roguelite shooter tower defense release worth playing on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Due to the creative efforts of developer Chute Apps. Which is available on Humble Store, Itch.io and Steam along with a discount. Not to mention great reviews.
After 2.5 years of development, Rogue Star Rescue is out of Early Access. Developer Chute Apps are small team of 4 working to create a well rounded and fun game. This is obvious since the Steam reviews are 100% Very Positive.
This is a new kind of roguelite shooter. Due to bring the genre to the next level. While gameplay blends a unique mix of bullet hell roguelite and tower defense. Also adding strong strategy elements to all out the insanity of bullet hell shooters. The action is smooth, the gameplay is challenging, the story is complex and nonlinear.
Rogue Star Rescue is a game you’ll get sucked into. Since it lets players spend months exploring a range of complex and different outcomes. Due to keep the game fun well past the 50 hour mark. You can also play solo or online. Tring to stop the Rogue Star before it destroys everything. Check out the gameplay trailer below.
Rogue Star Rescue – Official Gameplay Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
One of the features of Rogue Star Rescue that catches my attention, online co-op. Games like this are certainly better with friends. Even those looking to connect with the community online to explore the RSR galaxy. While up to 4 people can play at the same time. You probably won’t find this feature in the other popular roguelite shooter games. Since the games lets you can progress with your friends. While unlocking the secrets of the galaxy as a team. Along with exclusive multiplayer content. Due to always offer something new to discover.
You can also team the old school method. Rogue Star Rescue offers couch co-op in shared split screen. Just a different way of blasting your way through the games universe. But only offering a maximum of 2 players at a time.
- Roguelite procedural levels with 500+ rooms
- 10 unique planets (levels) + 1 secret planet
- 6 playable characters
- 200+ guns and passive items
- 90+ enemies and mini bosses
- 15+ different traps
- 40+ sidequests
- 32 different possible storyline endings
- Online co-op in Rogue Star Rescue
- Local co-op
- RPG style to level up for each character
- Tower defense elements (traps and pods)
- 3 difficulty modes (Wimpy, Normal, Insane)
- Powerful synergy abilities for items and guns
- Fully immersive soundtrack
- Online leaderboards and player achievement tracking
- Original retro inspired pixel art
- Numerous references to the greatest works of science fiction and real-life space science
- Full gameplay experience in 8 languages.
Rogue Star Rescue roguelite shooter and tower defense
releases on Humble Store, Itch.io and Steam. Available with a 20% discount until February 11th. Dropping the price down to $11.99 USD. Playable on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.