The Curious Expedition is a #roguelike expedition #simulation set in the late 19th century for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Having just released version 1.0, players take on famous personalities and venture into unprecedented expeditions and regions never explored before. Set in a lush, procedurally-generated world full of wonder and mystery. All done for fame, science and treasures.
“After over 15 months and 20 major feature updates it’s finally time to leave Early Access! Since our first day on Steam you’ve welcomed us amazingly. Your wishes and invaluable feedback have let us craft a game that we’re truly proud of and more importantly that would have never been possible without your guidance. Thank you so much!
We will slow down the update loops compared to the Early Access phase, but don’t worry: we still have lots of ideas for this game and can’t wait to show them to you. Top priority items right now on our todo list are translations, modding and achievements.
But for now enjoy the game and tell your friends if you like it! That would help us out tremendously. Adventure awaits!”
- Experience your very own adventure through a procedural story which makes every game unique.
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer.
- Plan and equip your trek. A good explorer is prepared for any eventuality.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance your needs with the desire to carry all that precious treasure back home.
- Visit and interact with the land’s natives. Enter villages, trade and communicate with local tribes and civilizations that are unknown to mankind.
- Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasures, but watch out for deadly traps and curses that will compromise your trek and the world around you.
- Equip and utilize miraculous treasures to gain advantages, but be wary of unforeseeable side effects.
- Fight and defend your trek against a wide range of wild animals, mystical creatures and even dinosaurs.
The Curious Expedition is available now on Steam with a 15% discount until September 9th for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.