Roots of Pacha closing out Kickstarter 900% funded for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Soda Den. The crowdfunding campaign also exceeds the expectation with an Alpha due to follow soon.
Publisher, Crytivo and developer Soda Den are excited to announce details of the game. Roots of Pacha is over 900% funded while closing out Kickstarter with over 7000 backers. Quickly passing their final stretch goal of $350,000 USD.
The campaign has gone way beyond the team’s hope. They created “community challenges” to help spread the word of the campaign. Such as retweeting a pinned tweet. The community met all those challenges unlocking things. Such as riding a mammoth and a time traveler. Thanks to the outpouring of support, ten Roots of Pacha Kickstarter stretch goals have been hit. The last one also isn’t too far away. The stretch goals will add regions like a glacial tundra and an island where megafauna still thrives. While offering more interactivity like helpful pets and watching the children of the game grow up to teens and take on apprenticeships.
Roots of Pacha – Stone Age Farming Life Simulator Gameplay Trailer
The first version of the Alpha has been shared with the communities of multiple content creators. This will be in the hands of Alpha backers in April (Windows PC). Alpha backers will receive a content update about every 8 weeks until the release of Roots of Pacha. At which point we can expect Linux and Mac support. While the first version of the Alpha will be streamable by anyone who has access to it. One thing that has been a core feature in the game, and that is currently included in the Alpha, is the ability to play it co-op. Players will be able to enjoy it either solo or with 3 friends from the get go.
Roots of Pacha is a co-op farming and life simulation game set in the stone age. Help your once nomadic clan settle in a promised and fertile land. By connecting with nature you’ll develop Ideas to evolve, enrich your culture, relationships, and discover the mysteries of Pacha, mother nature.
Important Features, that appear in the closed Alpha
- Evolve the clan with “Ideas” like irrigation and animal taming.
- Farm and find wild seeds that can be domesticated.
- Befriend and taime wild animals with your favorite markings.
- Fish with minigames in Roots of Pacha, these will challenge your steady hand.
- Bond with NPCs by giving gifts or sharing a dance.
- Customize your character with the latest stone age fashion.
- Ride ostriches, guanacos, boars, and more, eventually creating a riding league.
- Build your home and design tapestries and pottery
- Construct buildings and expand your village.
- Playable alone but developed with Co-Op in mind, including cut scenes.
- Mine in the depths of the world to find precious resources.
- Solve the mysteries of Pacha and her totems.
Important Future Features
- You can pet a baby mammoth and other animals.
- Fill your kitchen with prehistoric appliances and utensils.
- Collect all the Roots of Pacha recipes in the stone age cookbook.
- Breed animals to discover new species.
- Date & marry your fellow Pachans.
- Participate in primitive festivals and rituals to Pacha.
Soda Den is closing out Kickstarter with so many Roots of Pacha stretch goals hit. A 900% funded crowdfunding campaign. Plus the team is working on an updated road map. This will get them the eventual concurrent release on Linux, Mac, Windows PC, and Switch in Q2 of 2022.
The talented team of Soda Den is already successfully testing Cross-platform play during the campaign. The same day they got access to their Nintendo Switch dev kits.