Rosewater is a new wild west adventure for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Publisher Application Systems Heidelberg reached out to be today. Announcing the work of developer Grundislav Games. Due to release in 2021 on Steam.
Rosewater is a brand new point and click adventure. But this is not your typical style of game. Rather, a thrilling wild west adventure taking in the world of Lamplight City. Which you should remember from back in 2018.
While Harley Leger and her ragtag posse embark on a harrowing journey. Venturing across Western Vespuccia. Also facing bandits, rebels, and ruthless oil barons. Plus a few more obstacles on their quest for fame and riches.
The story takes place later. Since it’s been several years since Harley Leger left New Bretagne. Who is now headed west, hoping to leave the past behind. And also make her way as a freelance writer. After arriving in the sleepy border town of Rosewater. There is a seemingly trivial assignment for the local paper. As a result, this leads to the hunt for a missing man’s fortune. Along wit the story of the century.
Rosewater Announcement Trailer
The trailer looks like the game offers more than a puzzle. But more of a true Western adventure. Completely with a saloon and fist fighting. All from a female main character? What!?
- A thrilling treasure hunt with 5 travel companions. How you treat and interact with them affects the story.
- Traditional adventure game puzzles. Rosewater (i.e. inventory-based) some with more than one solution.
- Fully rotoscoped animations, including cinematic closeups.
- High resolution 1280×720 graphics (yes, that’s 720p!)
- Full music score by Mark Benis, featuring live instruments.
- Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
Rosewater will be released in 2021. The wild west adventure is due to arrive on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. There is no price yet. But the trailer does give an actual highlight. Which is definitely looking hopeful. So be sure to Wishlist on Steam.