Runner3 could see Liux support with enough demand for the rhythm action platformer. Which is also set to release on May 22nd via Steam.
So walk, don’t run, to the next offering from Choice Provisions. Runner3 is the third entry in the BIT.TRIP RUNNER series. Launching on Steam, GOG and Humble. So pre-orders are available now at 15% off until May 22nd.
“No plans for a Linux version at this point but if there proves to be enough demand for it we’re happy to reconsider!
- The game was developed using Unity
- We have nothing to announce at this time but we’re certainly open to the possibility.
- Truthfully, we’re a small team and have to be mindful of how many platforms we bring a game to at launch. This is partly due to the amount of work that goes into developing for each platform, but a just-as-important factor is ensuring we’re in a position to properly support the game post-launch. If we overwhelm ourselves by releasing it everywhere all at once, we may not be in the strongest position to give the game the support it deserves for each platform. “
So yes, the rhythm-music gameplay of BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Runner2 is back and better than ever. The Timbletot is determined to rid the multiverse of all its love and happiness. While CommanderVideo, a lover if ever there were one, refuses to let this happen.
Since he’s ready to jump, double-jump, wall-jump, slide-jump, slide, kick, float and fly. And also dance his way to victory, all across a medley of thrilling, challenging, and joyous levels.
Runner3 Official Trailer (Windows, Mac, no Linux)
- Charles Martinet! – Charles Martinet, known best as the voice of Mario, returns for his role of “The Narrator”
- New Playable Characters! – New playable characters including Shovel Knight, Eddie Riggs of Brutal Legend fame, and Charles Martinet himself!
- Hero Quests! – Runner3 is filled with oddball characters in need of your help. Lend them a hand and they’ll reward you generously!
- Vehicles! – Players will encounter wild vehicles that stand no chance of ever being deemed street legal. Eggplant planes! A celery car! Cans propelled by carbonation! And so much more!
- Branching Paths! – Every level in Runner3 offers branching paths of varying difficulties. Take the hard path and earn yourself some gems; opt for the normal path and line your pockets with precious gold bars. The choice is yours!
- Challenge Levels! – Fancy yourself a pro BIT.TRIP RUNNER player? Test your mettle with the tough-as-nails Challenge Levels!
- Item Shop! – Players will be able to spend gold and gems earned while playing on costumes, capes, accessories, and more. There are no in-game purchases in Runner3–keep your dang money!
- Retro Challenges! – A series tradition, every level in Runner3 has an accompanying “retro” level. These levels will also offer a series’ first: free movement! Control the Commander in ways you never have before!
Runner3 is set to release on May 22nd with a 15% discount until launch. Which is also available on Steam, GOG, Humble Store for Linux, Mac and Windows, no Linux, yet. So share that Tux Love via the link above.