Russian Subway Dogs is a fast-paced systemic arcade game with releases for Mac and Windows on Steam, but what about Linux? Well we reached out to developer Spooky Squid Games for the details.
Russian Subway Dogs takes inspiration from real-life stray dogs of the Moscow Metro. Spooky Squid have done extensive, totally legal research in order to fine-tune this chaotic simulation. So players will know what it’s like to scavenge for food from Russian commuters.
“Russian Subway Dogs is created in Game Maker Studio 1.4. I’m hoping to have a Linux build in a few weeks but haven’t wanted to promise anything till I’m sure it’s running ok in that OS.”
Russian Subway Dogs will likely not see a day one Linux release. But there is a build incoming. And yet another GameMaker Studio build. I was half expecting Unity to be mentioned.
Since surviving isn’t easy when you are dodging volatile vodka. Also those rival dogs and the rare but dangerous subway bear.
No seriously, all of this is in the game. A subway bear, that’s new. But maybe not in Russia. Which makes me wonder about the Moscow Metro.
Russian Subway Dogs Systemic Arcade Trailer (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Simple, fast-paced singleplayer gameplay with tons of interactions to discover!
- Luxuriously rendered pixel art based on real stations from Moscow!
- Canines (WOOF)!
- Receive challenges and also dares from your furry general, the Proletaricat!
Russian Subway Dogs started as a jam game created in 2012 for the GDC Pirate Kart. And since the jam game version was well received with coverage on Indiegames.com. As well as several let’s plays in both English and Russian.
- A new game from the creators of They Bleed Pixels.
- Inspired by real life stray dogs who’ve learned to navigate Moscow’s subway system!
- Take on Campaign Mode with dozens of levels and over 100 unique challenges from your boss kitty: The Proletaricat.
- Highly replayable Endless Mode with online leaderboards and a score-driven difficulty algorithm that keeps each round fresh!
- Featuring detailed pixel art of Moscow’s world famous, ornately decorated subway stations.
- Play as your favourite animals from other indie games and comics (full list below!)
- From fire and ice to toxic chocolate and cooking wildlife for food, Russian Subway Dogs is full of simulated systems to discover and exploit!
- Original Soundtrack by Peter Chapman aka COINS (Guacamelee!, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Modnation Racers)
Russian Subway Dogs the systemic arcade game will launch via Steam on August 2nd. Supporting Mac and Windows, but Linux will be coming when it’s ready. No word on price yet.