Rust releases a new Team Update for the open world survival MMO on Linux, Mac and Windows. This includes a host of new and update features.
The only aim in Rust is to survive.
So to overcome struggles such as hunger, thirst and cold in Rust there are some new additions. Facepunch studios provide the tools. How you survive is your choice.
Since the Team UI is here, alongside the jackhammer, a deployable watchtower, and more. This patch wipes the servers. Along with a host of new changes. Check out the full Post as well.
Team Update Changes
- Added Team System
- Compass is now added
- Hapis old rock cave prefab for modders working to restore old procgen maps added
- Watchtower is now added
- Jackhammer is also available
- Faster Ambient Occlusion effect
- New visuals for puzzle elements
- Small wooden sign can be placed on shelves
- Can place storage boxes under research table
- Updated Stone world model
- Disabled forceSingleInstance (multiple servers on one box)
- Small refinery can no longer be fully submerge underwater
- Improved water foam
- Fixed exploit which allowed passing loot through walls using research table
- Also fixed exploit which allowed passing loot through walls using BBQ
- Supplied fix for guntrap, spinner, tunalight being destroyed after upgrading / rotating wall
- There is a fix for the method which allows players to use vending machine as door (kinda)
- Tunnel brightness exploit has a fix
- Workshop skin normal maps now fixed
- Some small server memory leaks now have a fix
- Downloadable Skin lighting
Rust Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Rust’s world is harsh. So the new additions such as the Compass, Watchtower and Jackhammer are much needed. Since beasts like bears and wolves will chase and kill you. Falling from a height will kill you. So don’t try to be one of those that jumps out of the watchtower.
To kick a player out, you must be team leader (checkmark): hover over them in the tab menu and press “Kick”. Promote another player to leader (if you’re logging off,) hold “E” on a team member for 3 seconds. So to leave a team, press the “Leave Team” button in the tab menu.
Teams have a default max size of 8 and any server can disable the team system entirely with the startup command maxteamsize 0.
Since being exposure to radiation for a long period will kill you. Starving will kill you. Being cold will kill you. Other players can find you, kill you, and take your stuff. So be on guard.
Okay, so it’s been a while since I played Rust and lived. These new changes bring an improvement. Namely things like the Watchtower and hopefully the jackhammer.