S2 Games, LLC | Kalamazoo MI 49002 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/20/2013
S2 Games is a PC/Mac/Linux game publisher and developer with a mission to identify, develop, evolve and unleash the future of online multiplayer games. Since its inception in 2003, S2 has been focused on driving innovation into the global online game space, through identifying and solving industry issues, listening closely to its passionate gamer base and incorporating features that gamers truly want.
Active in sponsoring and helping drive many global tournaments, S2 is focused on providing the best online and multiplayer gaming experience, and opportunities for its fans to shine. For more information about S2, please visit their website.
The Senior Community Development Manager will harness the passion and energy of the community and leverage it to facilitate player involvement and community growth. The successful Senior Manager will develop a rapport with the community, and become a key S2 community personality in our own forums and other media. The Senior Manager will maintain the delicate balance of openness and engagement with the community without releasing information too soon. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
- Lobby internally for community interests. Keep a close pulse on the community. Understand their needs and work proactively with the community team to provide the best fan experience possible.
- Collaborate with Marketing to help develop social media content strategy.
- Become a resource for fan sites and other unofficial fan communities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to recruit, lead and develop and mentor the Community team; encourage teamwork and career growth within the team.
- Collaborate with eSports Commissioner on eSports fan involvement strategy.
- Develop a strategy for proactive messaging to the community to ensure frequent, honest, professional communication methods.
- Create strategy for grassroots initiatives.
- Collaborate with global community colleagues on strategy and execution of initiatives that encourage community growth worldwide.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop community recruitment strategy.
- Experience with successfully managing and growing online communities.
- Passion for games.
- Strategic thinker who guides and oversees successful and complete implementation of initiatives.
- Clear communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the PC gaming community; MOBA genre a plus.
- Proactive planner and communicator.
- Metrics-driven, analytical problem solver.
- Experience creating and overseeing successful events.
- Experience managing people in a collaborative, team environment
- Innovative, creative collaborator who provides unique, out-of-the-box solutions.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Location Kalamazoo, MI, 49002, United States
Job Level Senior
Categories Marketing / PR / Communications, Console / PC Games
Work Site On site