Coffee Stain Studios, now mostly goat-developers, but also Sanctum-#developers are happy to announce that Mac and Linux support is finally #available for Sanctum 2. Everyone who already owns Sanctum 2 on PC will also be able to play it on Linux and Mac.
Furthermore, Sanctum 2 will be Free To Play over the weekend and 85% off (a whole $2.24 USD) to purchase during a Free Weekend on Steam together with all other Sanctum products.
“The Mac and Linux ports of Sanctum 2 was initially intended to launch a long time ago, but was severely delayed because of circumstances we couldn’t control. At least the ports are finally here and we hope that the Mac and Linux crowd will be happy that they can finally try Sanctum 2 out!” – Anton Westbergh, CEO
In Sanctum 2, you will have to utilize elements of multiple gameplay genres to succeed. Build towers and walls during the building phase before the enemies attack, then jump into the fray and help your towers blast everything to pieces in FPS-mode. You can progress through the single player campaign yourself, or play up to 4-player co-op with your friends to discover the secrets of the planet LOEK III and why the aliens are so set on destroying the Cores you are sworn to protect.
- Tower defense – Design complex mazes and build powerful towers to stop the enemies from destroying the Core
- First Person Shooter – Don’t just sit back and watch, jump into the action yourself!
- 4 playable character classes – Each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Vast customization system – pick perks, or make the game crazy hard by adding Feats of Strength.
- In-game visual novel – Unlock a comic-book page for every map you beat to discover the secrets of LOEK III
- Progression system – Increase your rank and unlock new weapons, towers and perks!
- 4 player co-op – Progress through the storyline yourself or team up with other players whenever you want!
Sanctum revolutionized Tower Defense back in 2011 with the FPS take on the genre. The concept proved a success with Sanctum being one of the most sold indies on Steam that year. In 2013 Coffee Stain launched Sanctum 2 which added further depth, more action, four different playable characters, and more customization.
About Coffee Stain Studios
Coffee Stain Studios is a swedish indie developer based in the middle of nowhere (Skövde), makers of Goat Simulator, and previously the FPS Tower Defense hybrids Sanctum and Sanctum 2.