SATORI first person platformer games due to get a port for Linux with Windows PC. All thanks to the creative efforts of developer EMOTION THEORY. Working to make its way on to Steam soon.
SATORI is a flow inducing first person platformer. One that also takes inspiration from the parkour seen in Titanfall 2, Sunset Overdrive, and Mirror’s Edge. Along with a pure focus on open world traversal. Which is coming to Steam on August 6th.
As per the Steam page, SATORI is due to make its way onto Windows PC. However, reaching out to EMOTION THEORY, it looks like Linux support is on the way, stating:
YES! (If not at launch, then shortly after)
The games being developed with Unity 3D. So creating that Linux port should be straight forward. But at first glance, the trailer reminds of falling in one the Fall Guys games. What do you think? Check out the trailer below.
SATORI – Meditative Parkour game | Teaser Trailer
Your pathway to new worlds unlock as you collect Light Seeds. These are all planted throughout the playspace. Due to encourage you to flow with speed and grace. Or simply play and move at your own pace. Everybodys’ journey is uniquely theirs.
- Fluid traversal inspired by the best movement systems seen in AAA parkour games
- Abilities: Slide, double jump, wall run, rail-grind, air-dash, grapple swing, and slow-mo
- Flow: Keep your flow state by chaining your SATORI movements with ease
- Beautiful: Colourful, evocative visuals and environment
- Playful: Learn to play without tutorials
- Infinite: Infinite procedural open worlds designed for traversal
- Progression: Different collectables invite you to play differently, at your leisure
- Relaxing: Play at your own pace without pressure — slow down time at any moment
- For everyone: Enjoyable by a wide variety of player skill
You can experience the meditative and liberating zen-like platforming for yourself. SATORI releases on August 6, 2021 via Steam. Priced at $7.99 USD / NZD 10.29. Along with support for Windows PC, and hopefully day one Linux support too. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.