The rebirth of the classic action #FPS / RTS #hybrid Savage Resurrection, available now on Steam. Players experience fast-paced #combat and cunning strategic gameplay in Unreal Engine 4. Epic 12v12 front-line combat, or take Command to outplay and out-maneuver your team’s way to victory.
The Linux release:
“We would like to support Linux, S2 has always been a big supporter of Linux throughout the years. I know our lead programmer is a huge Linux fan and would like to see it on there.”
For those who do not know, S2 Game have indeed been big supporters of Linux with previous titles Heroes of Newerth, Strife and of course Savage 2 – A Tortured Soul. Now the team are eager to expand their horizons yet again with this new rebirth of Savage which originally released back in 2004.
Savage Resurrection is a multiplayer-only game with a competitive focus. Combat includes both melee and shooter aspects, and should challenge even seasoned gamers. Servers are currently located in the US, EU, and AUS with more planned.
As a member of the fearsome Beasts or crafty Humans, you must fight to:
- Secure strategic resources and positions
- Craft and expand your team’s buildings and structures
- Research and acquire new weapons and items, to gain the upper hand in combat
- Crush your opponents with mighty siege weapons, sneaky sabotage, or by strangling their economy
At Early Access launch the game has the following features:
- Complete Savage 1 gameplay – the game is fully playable
- 12v12 Casual matches, including quick-match
- 7v7 Competitive matches
- Stats and Leaderboards
- Cosmetic Items + Steam Drops
- 4 Maps
- Most likely occasional hilarious and/or frustrating bugs
Savage Resurrection is now available on Early Access for Windows PC. No release date has been issued for the Linux port yet.