Scarlet Hollow Episode 2 of the horror adventure visual novel gets a release date for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to further details from developer Black Tabby Games. Due to make its debut on Steam soon.
Episode 2 of Scarlet Hollow the choice driven horror adventure visual novel, is coming to Steam on June 11th. The game features hand drawn art and writing from award winning graphic novelist Abby Howard.
In Scarlet Hollow Episode 2 takes you back to visit a dying Appalachian coal town. All due to a funeral of your long lost aunt. While there, you will find yourself tangled in a generations old mystery that threatens an entire town.
Scarlet Hollow Official Trailer
Scarlet Hollow has been critically acclaimed for its masterful blend of humour and horror. Since Episode 2 will carry on the story. It also seems fitting to be sure about Linux support. So, I reached out to Black Tabby Games. When I asked about native support, they replied with “of course!”
Scarlet Hollow was originally funded on Kickstarter. Raising $81k USD with the support of 2,726 backers. Its success led to the game winning the Runner Up and Gamers’ Choice prizes from AT&T Unlocked Games.
- A heavily branching story where your choices matter. The relationships you forge and the decisions you make will dramatically alter your journey in Scarlet Hollow.
- Terrifying and funny. Charming characters and snappy dialogue flip to pulse pounding horror at a moment’s notice.
- A complex relationship system that changes how characters act around you. Characters don’t just like or dislike you. Become friendly rivals, bitter adversaries, best friends, or mild friends. This also goes for everyone in town based on how you approach the story.
- Trait based dialogue and role playing. The Scarlet Hollow dialogue system is follows role playing elements that let you choose who you want to be. Are you quiet and observant? Hot and clueless? 21 different character builds change how you interact with the world. And also how your story will unfold.
- Original monster designs inspired by Appalachian myths and cryptids. You won’t find any predictable vampires or zombies here.
- Five romance options. Whether you’re into goths, dads, Youtubers, mysterious recluses, or lo-fi beats to study. While you water your plants to. Scarlet Hollow has all your bases covered.
- Dozens of carefully hand drawn and traditionally inked backgrounds. Every background in the game is drawn by hand and inked on massive 19×24 inch paper.
- Hundreds of immersive sprites. Each major character has dozens of hand drawn sprites that interact with backgrounds. While capturing a full range of lighting, emotion, environment, and outfit changes.
Full Release Price:
The page will go live with Episodes 1 and 2. Then Black Tabby will be updating the build with the remaining 5 episodes as they finish them. The full game’s early access build will be priced at $19.99 USD with a 10% launch week discount.
Scarlet Hollow Episode 2 is due to make its way onto Steam with a release date of June 11th. Along with continuing support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.