ScourgeBringer rogue platformer due to release on Steam Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Flying Oak Games. Publisher Dear Villagers just reached out with release details.
ScourgeBringer is the highly expected fast paced rogue platformer. Due to hits Steam Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Releasing on February 6th. Expect Early Access to last for 6 to 8 months. This also depends on player feedback, or course. But Flying Oak are hoping for a full launch later this year. But upon release, expect 3 fully finished worlds. Including their enemies, bosses, upgrades, skills, items, and weapons.
ScourgeBringer – Early Access Launch Date Reveal
ScourgeBringer certainly aims to channel rogue platformers. While using the rawness of early classics. Including fluid control, aerial combat, and pixel graphics. And also mixing in a punchy soundtrack too.
The story follows hero Kyhra. Sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith. Which is also sinister force that can destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone. She must shoot and slash her way through the endless depths. But this is also an ever changing dungeon. So you can expect huge bosses and ancient machines. Along with strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers.
The gameplay is relentless. So there is no backtracking. The ScourgeBringer structure follows pre-built challenge rooms. These are also in procedural combination. Not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
- Dive into fast paced rogue platforming gameplay
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly. With super fluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system. All focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds. Thanks to Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
- Defy hordes of enemies and giant bosses in ScourgeBringer. They hold the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers. They also unlock reality defining secrets
ScourgeBringer is currently in open development. With including an in-game system to gather feedback from players. As well as regular looks behind the curtain. All courtesy of regular updates from Flying Oak Games. So be sure to follow on Twitter.
ScourgeBringer is due to arrive on February 6th on Steam. Releasing on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Price is yet to be decided. So be sure sure to Wishlist now.