Seers Isle is an interactive graphic novel coming to Linux, Mac and Windows, but the release date sees a delay. We reached out to developer Nova-box for details on the launch day. Since the game is slated for Summer 2018 via Steam.
Linux and the release date:
“Yes, we should have day one linux support.
We haven’t announced a firm release date yet. It won’t be August, but it will be soon nonetheless.”
Since it looks like we will have day-one Linux support for launch. We do not have an official release date. The developers are also not able to make an August debut either. Since the release window is the first have of September. Something clarified in a Twitter post, where the developer decides to use silly sarcasm as a marketing tool.
Seeing as how I’m not really into the whole visual novel vibe. Aside from the odd title here and there. Seers Isle has my curiousity, since it is a graphic novel and has it’s own mystery. While the the gameplay itself is set in a fantasy version of medieval northern Europe. Where player choice impacts the fate of a group of characters. Which does have my attention, despite the lack of launch date.
The story follows a group of shaman apprentices. Who also set foot on the shores of a sacred island to be initiated to magic.
As they progress through the wilderness, looking for the “Seers”, their spirit-guides. They also realize they’re not alone.
Who is this strange horned woman they are seeing in their dreams?
Seers Isle graphic novel Teaser (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Explore the island through a diverse group of characters, depicted in a gorgeous European comic book art style.
- Every choice matters. Each decision you make slightly alters the mood and personality of the main character as well as her relationship with the rest of the group.
- A huge amount of content: with each playthrough, discover a novel-sized adventure and a slice of the hundreds of hand-drawn images created for the game.
- An immersive and finely crafted soundtrack: the music adapts and shifts according to your choices and the mood of each scene.
- Try out our dynamic dialog system: read the story like a comic book.
- High replayability: choose your soulmate and discover the outcome of your decisions through multiple story paths and endings.
sees graphic novel is coming to Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. The release date is unknown, but I expect that this will be some time in fall 2018.