Posted: 13 October 2011
Location: in the heart of Frankfurt (Germany)
Discipline: Design & development – Programming
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Depending on experience
The Senior Game Programmer will leverage its knowledge and existing engine code base to develop and enhance gameplay, in addition to promoting their use within the team. The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in most areas of game development including but not limited to player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play etc. This is a position where design, game code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
At least 4 years of experience as programmer in games industry.
Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game a definite plus.
Passion for making games.
Excellent understanding of:
○ Solid understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
○ Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
○ Experience with game development tools and methods.
○ Experience working with LUA and other scripting languages
○ Excellent problem-solving skills.
Good communication skills.
Experience in the field of AI is a plus.
Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
– Ability to integrate the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
– Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
– Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. Develop game code and extend AI code for a high profile game.
– Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
– Document source code.
– Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
– Optimize and debug NextGen Console and PC performance.
– Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
– Suggest new features that would enhance the game experience.
– Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
– Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
– Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
– Provide input to department project status meetings.
– Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
– Work as a role model in terms of communication, quality and team spirit, inspire junior members.
Crytek GmbH is one of the world’s leading independent development studios for interactive entertainment.