If you missed our original coverage of Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story. The game features deep survival horror and exploration-based gameplay. While complemented by partial voice acting and puzzle solving. Even more, there are intricate secrets and exploration. The game is playable in English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. Which also comes with a haunting and moving soundtrack by Andy Andi Han (Synergia, Katawa Shoujo). This certainly merges the worlds of cyberpunk, oriental music, and John Carpenter.
Sense – A Cyberpunk Ghost Story Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windwos PC)
Up to now people have has a few concerns about the game. Since there are issues, well, more annoyances than anything.
Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story has just a 1.1 update on Steam. This also brings the game to the form Suzaku hoped it to be at launch. Here are the major changes that are part of this update:
- Updated Save System to include Autosave Checkpoints & QuickSaves
- Numerous Bug Fixes to Interaction Chains Throughout the Game
- Improved Visual Prompts
- Made logic for some puzzles more obvious
- Improved Key Binds & Journal Explanations
- Added a function to NG+ , which removes the quick save option for added challenge “Hard mode”
- Added a function to NG++, which removes both autosaving and quick saving, for the “survival horror” mode. Only manual/limited saving is available in New Game ++.
- Switched the A and B button functions on XBOX controllers in Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story
- Added A Journal item unlocked at start of game which has helpful “tutorial” notes on saving, the PDA, and the Taomu.
- Improved the visibility of Several ghosts in the later portions of the game.
- Removed “logic chain” conditions on several items so that they may be picked up right away, eliminating the more frustrating backtracking. (Note: this was only done on SOME items, not all of them in game)
- Added visual prompts to the “balance board” Minigame/puzzle on the 2nd floor.
- Change for the pause menu to ESC on PC, instead of enter. controller button is unchanged.
Also, be sure to check out the full changelog in here. There may be issues that affect you directly. Although, most major problems are patched.
Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story plays far better thanks to much needed update 1.1. Priced at $19.99 USD on Steam. Available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.