Since the Serious Sam Fusion 2017 are all fresh builds for Serious Sam #gaming. Developer Croteam are also instrumental in releasing #Vulkan support for Linux, Mac and #Windows. Which now includes Serious Sam 3: BFE for Linux, Mac and Windows.
Therefore if you own a Serious Sam game listed below. The Serious Sam Fusion 2017 version of that game will be available Free. Which I’m sure you already know by now.
Since these are all existing (and upcoming) Serious Sam games. This enables seamless integration of new engine features, patches and upgrades.
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter – now available!
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter – now available!
- Serious Sam 3: BFE – now available!
- VR versions of all games will be a part of Serious Sam Fusion 2017!
The largest changes include:
- Changes made to the levels and enemies to fix a so called “churn” with the overall gameplay. Where the game seemed to annoying or monotone. Due to these changes, mainly on Normal difficulty. Some battles were changed, some enemies no longer spawn, and some enemy stats have been changed. In general, the game should be less annoying and difficult to play on Normal.
- Enemies that had a perfect immunity to non-explosive weapons. Like the Khnum and the Technopolip now have a 50% immunity to non-explosives instead.
- Fixed some smaller rendering problems in Vulkan.
- Fixed problem with Spot light’s shadows being vertically flipped under Vulkan and OpenGL (and ES) gfx APIs.
Since I did give Serious Sam 3: BFE some quick gaming, WOW. Such a huge difference now with the Vulkan changes and improvements. So don’t get me wrong, the other games in the Fusion bundle are indeed good. And Vulkan support in that regard is alright, but they’re older games. Yet it’s Serious Sam 3: BFE that really has the marked improvement. Since I remember playing the earlier OpenGL build and it lagged on low settings. Now the performance tester throws me on Ultra and everything’s off the charts fast.
Also, right now the Serious Sam Complete Pack is available with a 91% discount on Steam. This includes Linux, Mac and Windows support too.