Serpent in the Staglands is a party-based RPG #developed by Whalenought Studios in the style of all the favourites. Taking place in a #campaign based #gameplay in the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape. Which comes complete with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history.
Serpent in the Staglands is project that was kickstarted for $28k in April of 2014, while beta builds have been with backers for a while, this trailer is the finest the game has looked yet. Giving you a hint of the final release date.
Serpent in the Staglands features:
- A setting historically inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape
- A classless role-playing system where you create builds via any combination of the magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- Non-linear storyline and open exploration right out of the gate, with branching decisions that cut off or open paths for quests and endings
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldowns, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning and auto-triggering skills
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won’t hold your hand.
- A huge variety of enemies inhabit the peninsula, including monsters, spirits, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws
Serpent in the Staglands lends a close compariison to the early Baldur’s Gate, with the deep medieval environment, spells, even the in-game selections menu look like it was diligently crafted to best model the characters.
The release date. The end of the trailer is written in the runes that to be translated as “Windows, Mac, Linux”. Doing some hybrid clicking and figuring out the dashes as numbers it looks like “28 2015.” Further examination of the characters shows something like “coming Ma” with a missing Y, giving us the release date of May 28th, 2015. Pre-order’s are open on the official Serpent in the Staglands website, or wait and pick it up through Steam.