Well release notes are indeed true, Shadow Warrior has #officially #available for Linux and Mac. When we first heard about the title back in 2013, a couple of us picked it up on Steam. Which played rather well. Mind you, the original was released back in the late 90’s, but the modern remake is certainly impressive. The fact we can now play it on Linux is even more appealing.
Now, being that you can pick up the title directly on Steam $39.99 USD, the most cost effective purchase is the Humble Indie Bundle 14 for just over $10 USD, which is going on for another 7 days.
Here are the patch notes:
To run 1.5.0 – select the default ‘Play Shadow Warrior’ option when launching the game. If you want to play the previous version or you have Windows XP – please choose ‘Play Shadow Warrior (Windows XP)’ option.
To check your game version: enable console (by pressing ctrl+~), (now write) _version and press Enter.
Shadow Warrior Patch Notes:
- Shadow Warrior 1.5.0
- Available for Windows Vista/7/8 and above.
- Added Mac OS X and Linux support.
- Added additional bossfights with Zilla in chapters 13 and 16.
- Added in-game artbook.
- Added DirectX 11 based graphics.
- Added optimization for 32 & 64-bit build.
- Added optimization for SSAO.
- Added optimization for Mirror Effects.
- Fixed many gameplay bugs and minor level bugs.
- Fixed minor bugs for pad controls.
- Fixed minor localization bugs.
- Fixed rare crash when using alt-tab.
- Fixed rare Gozu crash.
- Fixed saving weapon fx’s when using non standard katana.
Please note that version 1.5 is not available for Windows XP.
If you have already completed the game – In Shadow Warrior 1.5.0 only the initial save for each level will be available.
All your stats and upgrades will remain the same in the saves, but all your quicksaves and checkpoint saves will become unavailable.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but this was the only way to introduce gameplay changes.
In case of any problems contact us under:
The Linux install is 5.7GB, according to the Steam download or if you bought the title through the Humble Indie Bundle 14, it’s a 6.2GB download for the Special Edition (with the soundtrack, katana, sledgehammer) . The patch not only includes Linux and Mac support, but an in-game artbook, DirectX 11 based graphics, optimizations for 32 and 64-bit builds, mirror effects and SSAO, extra bossfights with Zilla, a heap of fixes for those playing on controllers, crashes when alt-tab’bing, etc.