Sheltered 2 resource management survival game to offer post release support for Linux with Windows PC. Thanks to further details and confirmation from developer Unicube. Due to make its way onto Steam and GOG.
Team17 and Unicube Studios have announced that the resource management survival game Sheltered 2 will be launching on September 21st. While placing players into a post apocalyptic landscape. Which also means players have the task of surviving the horrors that await at the end of the world. Building upon the foundations of the 2016 original. Sheltered 2 features revamped combat systems. While offering new factions mechanics for deeper strategic gameplay. With a new 3D art style, and harsh survival challenges spread out across the ruined surface of the Earth.
The newly announced release date for Sheltered 2 had me reaching out to Unicube. Since the original release offered Linux, Mac, and Windows PC support. What is the plan for the sequel? Here is the email reply.
We don’t have immediate plans for Linux support on launch. However, it’s something we’re adamant to include post release.
Unicube do not outline how long after the initial release we can expect a Linux port. Since this will depend on the typical patches, fixes, and updates after launch. But it’s certainly a pleasure to have support confirmation.
Sheltered 2 Release Date Reveal Trailer
As the fight to survive is tested by internal and external threats. Players will have to create and build up their own faction and base. Then manage resources and meet survivor needs. Sheltered 2’s factions system is key to a campaign’s success.
While Relationships can be forged between factions. This gives players the option to trade and work together. So that both sides can thrive from the union. Alternatively, bitter clashes can be ignited, they could lead to tragic effects. As a result, ushering in an untimely end to the faction leader and their base.
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups. So you can provide their base with resources and support. Or they can grab their weapons and take things the old fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors. Then manage scarce resources and craft items needed to maintain the shelter. This also means cooking meals and building equipment. What ever it takes to keep their group alive. Along with the expanded power system, players can now generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: New for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the most important member of a shelter. Boasting their own unique and powerful traits. The faction leader will be pivotal to success. So their death will mean game over
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Hunger, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat. These are just some of the tests players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills. Pairing this with the ability to build parties of four. Then targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat. Each action performed also has a stamina cost. So the strategy will be at the forefront of every fight. Each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire. The ability to customise each person means every faction member is unique.