Fans of turn-based strategy games can mark early 2017 on their calendars as Shock Tactics. While developed by Berlin-based Point Blank Games will be released for Linux, Mac and Windows PC in spring 2017. Shock Tactics combines #fast #tactical #combat, exploration and squad management. Yet also including base-building with a mysterious story set on the planet Hephæst. Which is not quite the same sort of exploration survival as Phoning Home.
Update January 11, 2017:
So naturally Linux Game Consortium reached to developer Point Blank Games for further details. Apparently the Linux and Mac versions have been cancelled:
we sadly had to cancel the Linux and Mac versions. We want to bring Shock Tactics to the other platforms, but there is no definitive plan for it.”
So cast your Linux vote and comment on the Steam Discussion page.
What is Shock Tactics about?
Players lead a team of mercenaries as trailblazers. Hence the first wave of Free Space Pioneers exploring a newly discovered alien planet. While searching the hostile world for alien technology. Hence you lead a team into tactical combat against pirates, alien creatures, and the troops of the Imperial Consortium. So set up outposts and dig sites to exploit the secrets that this new world holds. All in order to stand against the incoming invasion. And while resources are available for the taking but everything will come at a price.
Shock Tactics Features:
- Aggressive Tactics: Always drop right into the action and bring the fight to the enemy before he can reinforce his positions. Play fast tactical assaults on time sensitive objectives and stay in full control.
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts to upgrade your base, built new weapons and armor and train your soldiers with different abilities to fit your playstyle.
- Full Control: Action Points allow you to move your soldiers with full control and the interrupt system enables long sprints that are stopped when new enemies are spotted, so you can assess the situation and spend your remaining Action Points accordingly.
- Hostile Planet: The procedurally generated world map leads to different strategic situations in each game session. Fight in three different environments of Hephæst to claim the alien artifacts.
- Fate of Hephæst: Experience a story revealing the secrets of the planet while the great factions steer towards a final battle deciding their fate in the galaxy.
Shock Tactics will be released in Q1 2017 for Windows-PC as digital download via Steam and retail distributed by EuroVideo.