The first question anyone would have for this bit of news in gaming. What is Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment? Hence this is the #action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight. The #adventure #platformer is now available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Where players take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress. All on a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter. With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready. Since Specter Knight can glide across the ground, clamber up walls and command an arsenal of weapons.
So, if you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. You will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
So if Specter Knight carries out his duties. There may be a chance at regaining his lost humanity. While breaking his chains of servitude.
What cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?
So experience perfect platforming, world-class visuals and all new stage designs. Since this pre-sequel comes with new music, new bosses and familiar friends.
- Climb walls, leap over gaps, and dispatch enemies with the Dash Slash. Specter Knight’s playstyle brings motion and action to the forefront!
- Collect and upgrade curios to unleash all new special attacks.
- Test your scythe skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more!
- Yacht Club Games’ beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- A somber tale told with a light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Lovable characters and bosses!
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world’s secrets with New Game+!
So Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment the adventure platformer is now on Steam and GOG. Available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Or Free for those who own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. I like free gaming, hence this bit of news.