Sky Cannoneer is a tower defense strategy coming to Windows PC, but the developer is evaluating support for Linux. According to Element Games the one man team. Due to release mayhem on Steam, February 20th.
Sky Cannoneer is a game for those who like action. Also a spiritual successor to the arcade classic Rampart. And certainly, update for today’s audiences. With a huge expansion in both scope and features. Providing a unique upgrade to the classic arcade style gameplay in the 21st century. While including a full single-player campaign. Along with a variety of mission types and upgrades.
Become a skilled Corsair in the Sky Lord’s Navy. While you unravel the truth behind the plague that ravaged your planet Emoria. Improve your Battle Haven with upgrades. Sky Cannoneer comes with new types of forts and improvement. So you can then choose which technology, superpowers, and summons you want. Allowing you to use against the enemy forces.
Evaluating Linux Support:
I am evaluating various ports of the game, including Linux. Sky Cannoneer is built using Unity. Which makes certain aspects easier. But it’s still a lot of work to port to any platform.
Element Games is a one man team. Which means porting the game will be more work. And of course, it could mean a post launch release. Along with enough community Wishlist support. Hopefully showing that the extra time and budget is worth a Linux port.
Sky Cannoneer reveal trailer
Each round of Sky Cannoneer starts simple. Build up your power grid with randomized walls. While place cannons on your power grid to increase your offensive power. Using your cannons and special powers to defeat the opponent.
Also, over the course of the game, you improve your flexibility. While gaining power to deal with the ever increasing challenges. As a result, there are millions of possible loadout combo’s. Since each upgrade setup creates cool and surprising twists.
Weapons and Powers include:
- Cluster Bombs – take out large portions of the enemy base!
- Tesla Spikes – create an EMP that stuns enemy cannons!
- Volatile Mix – projectiles in Sky Cannoneer create a chance for a huge explosion. And also set the enemy’s base on fire!
- Fort Upgrade: Reloader – this fort open up your cannon reloads. While letting you fire more shots per round.
- Superpower: Tornado – creates a huge fiery tornado that destroys enemy walls. And also leaves behind patches of Burning Ground. This stops any enemy rebuilding.
- Research: Explosive Booster – this special booster upgrades all nearby Cannons. When surrounded by your walls and it’s energized.
- Haven Upgrade: Deep Scanners – faint signals point to cloaked enemy Havens. But you’ll need better scanners to uncover them.
- Summon: Airship Flotilla – summons multiple armed airships which auto fire on the enemy defenses. Must be unlocked from a special mission.
To learn more about Sky Cannoneer visit the official website. Since Element Games is evaluating support for Linux. The games due to release on Steam for Windows PC, February 20th. Priced at $14.99 USD. The games also slated to come to GOG as well.