#SkyRogue is a fwooshy rogue-lite action flight simulator for Linux, Mac and Windows. While the #games reviews on #Steam continue to do very well, we now have the Beta 3 release. And I have to admit, Sky Rogue just keeps getting better.
So the games premise is to blow things up over land, sea, and air. Doing so over an infinite number of procedurally-generated islands.
Therefore, Sky Rogue players will have to choose one of a diverse set of aeros. Then tweak it out with a dizzying array of weaponry. Go toe-to-toe with enemy aces or assault giant flying aircraft carriers and battleships. But watch out for volleys of missiles; when you die, you’re dead.
One the features of Sky Rogue that I appreciate. The controls are fast and work really well with the Steam Controller. If you want to do a quick camera on the fly, hit the touch pad. Therefore, we have an excellent and well-rated flying game on Linux. As well as Mac and Windows too. A game you have to play!!!
Sky Rogue latest Beta 3 changelist:
This is the last Beta! 1.0 release is coming around the corner. Beta 3 has a lot of stuff we’ve been meaning to do for months or even years and wanted to get done before 1.0.
- Trees, cacti, and rocks!
- Destroying certain buildings causes certain side-effects
- Carriers and Drednauts now have small, indestructible gun turrets … watch out!
- New mission target: GRYPHON (the existing GRYPHON-AWACS now has a tailgun)
- New mission target: FREIGHTER cargo ship
- BADGER Land Assault Vehicles will defend some sites, equipped with SAM turrets
- A fun new overpowering weapon. Available if you have beaten the game
- AGM-MIRV “Hwacha” Air-to-ground MIRV missile
- UB-M “Blackjack” Micro Bomb
- RAILGUN “Kunai” Railgun
- “Wing” camera mode
- New Achievement: “Missile With A Man In It”, beat the game in under 40 minutes. The timer starts after entering the carrier menu on Day 1.
- Adjusted default camera FOV 70 -> 65 degrees
- Flares now distract missiles for three seconds after they’re launched instead of only the moment they’re launched
- Weapons are disabled while inside a landing zone
- Some air enemies will react when getting shot at
- Aeropedia now shows kill rewards
- DRONE-L wingmen are slightly better at not getting killed
- Vets and Aces have more varied attacks, sometimes attacking with guns
- Changed pause menu to quit on spacebar / A button to be more like the rest of the menus in the game
- Changed endboss MASS-DRVR to be significantly more menacing at long range, but slower so it’s less menacing at short range
So if you do not own Sky Rogue, get it. The games currently available for Linux, Mac and Windows. Priced at $19.99 USD via Steam Early Access, Itch and of course Humble Store.