Pray to the gods of metal and prep for battle on Linux, Mac and Windows. While facing off against Flesh Hounds, werewolves and other monstrosities. Slain: Back from Hell is getting a new level called The Tombs for 2017. Since this is once again the creation developer Andrew Gilmour. The games new level is only a reveal at this point and time. Yet the screenshot looks mighty nice.
“Hell YES it looks good! And here’s an early tip you can have for free: see that stone dude with the giant fists made of solid, bone-crushing rock? Yeah, he’s not your friend.
So that’s a first look at The Tombs. What about the other new level? Well, don’t tell anyone I told you because it’s still top secret, but it’s called the Sp…*increasingly rapid beeping sound*… “
Also in the mix is a new title being worked on, Valfaris for 2018. The games also a heavy metal infused 2D action platformer. So this is the next game from the team behind Unity Awards finalist. Again, brutal combat, deadly enemies and stunning pixel art. And of course, a Savage soundtrack. Also, we do not have Linux confirmation…..yet. So stay tuned but check out the trailer below.
“The delivery of new Valfaris code from the dev dudes at Steel Mantis (aka Andrew Gilmour and Thomas Jenns) is always cause for wild excitement and frantic plugging-in of game pads at Digital Uppercut HQ, but the latest build prompted even more crazy-eyed rejoicing than normal as it included not one but TWO brand new work-in-progress levels for us to check out.
I can’t reveal too much – I’ve been fitted with a special collar that will cause my head to explode if I start divulging secrets – but what I can say without fear of my brain going blastwards is that it’s all looking pretty effin’ sweet.”
Valfaris | E3 2017 Announcement Trailer:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell