Smoothcade co-op arcade game support plans for Linux with Windows PC. Which is the result of the creativity of developer Joseph J. Which is coming to Steam later this year.
2Awesome Studio (2AS) announces they will publish Smoothcade. Which is due to be releasing later this year. The game will be available on Steam, the game page is already live. While offering a cute “clear the screen” modern co-op arcade game. One that features gameplay for 1 to 4 players (shared split screen). Recover the missing golden blend through 100 platform jumping. Including puzzle solving handcrafted levels with a ton of fruity critters.
…we really want to see a Linux release
Since Smoothcade is being developed in GameMaker Studio 2. According to the developer email, the initial release will be on Windows PC and consoles. Then, Linux support will hopefully be in the mix.
But do note, typically GameMaker Studio 2 games have solid support for Ubuntu distro’s. If a Linux build does not work, then Proton support is usually just as good.
Smoothcade Announcement Trailer
Capture critters using projectiles called cloudies. Rush into the cloudie to pop critters from the screen. Choose and swap between Mercy and Mayhem cloudies through a Smoothcade karma system. Since this impacts special bonus items and power-ups.
The game features 5 different game modes, for endless hours of fun!
- Story mode: A 100-level Smoothcade story, with three difficulty settings. Where you have to find the missing golden blender!
- Battle mode: Collect the most fruit to win! A party-style game mode for 2 to 4 players. While you play on procedurally generated levels for new fast-paced fun!
- Endless Mode: With only four lives, survive procedurally generated levels that increase in difficulty!
- Speed Run:Smoothcade selected world of ten levels.
- Replay: Play and practice any level for fun. So you can try to earn 3-stars!
- Capture & Karma System: spit cloudies to capture critters and pop them away. Swap between Mayhem and Mercy cloudies to earn special bonus items.
- Unlockable characters: play as 1 of 16 wacky and adorable characters. Each with a unique skill set.
- Unique Boss Fights: challenge ten unique critters in a battle. Since each is inspired by a fruit.
- Unlockable Game Modes: become a Smoothcade pro and unlock game modes. Such as Boss Rush and a “no continue” intense mode.
- Accessibility: outline players, enemies and objects, dim backgrounds, set auto-attack, and more!
While Smoothcade co-op arcade game has support plans for Linux, this will be after the Windows PC release. Unless otherwise stated. But you can Wishlist the game on Steam.