So in gaming news, Solstice Chronicles: MIA has officially launches a #crowdfunding campaign on Fig. Hence the #development team #Ironward are now using Unreal Engine 4, releasing the tactical twin-stick title on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So released almost two years ago, The Red Solstice was the first game from the Ironward studio. While the tactical RPG was not available in Linux native, the Windows PC version does run well in Wine. Hence this is due to the OpenGL and OpenAL available in the studios own custom game engine. Therefore the tense, tactical, squad-based action game that immediately won gamers’ hearts. While selling more than 120,000 copies on Steam.
Since that release, the developers immediatly started working on a spin-off title. Hence one that will take place in the same universe that players loved. Yet this would also offer more tactical depth and complexity along with a captivating story. That’s how tactical twin-stick Solstice Chronicles: MIA was born. Since the Solstice Chronicles: MIA has launched on Fig and doing rather well…..
Ironward announce The Red Solstice FREE Weekend:
The Red Solstice is FREE to play for everyone for the next few days, as Ironward and Nkidu launch a Free Weekend on Steam. This tense top-down survival adventure for up to 8 players was originally based on the Night of the Dead map for Starcraft, though obviously taken much further 🙂
To coincide with the Free Weekend, there’s a brand new game mode, Outpost Defense.
The goal is simple: survive as long as you can, defending your outpost from waves of enemies. Inspired by Starship Troopers, this is fast and frantic Red Solstice gameplay.
- The Outpost has 300 HP, and HP will drop by 5 for each player outside of the Outpost.
- Reaper turret missions are spawned every 5 waves.
- Waves vary in difficulty, with some sure to test your abilities to their fullest.
- Supplies are given every 60 seconds, while enemy waves in normal mode are every 60 seconds; in fast mode they will spawn every 30 seconds.
You can select this new mode in-game under SECTOR > OUTPOST DEFENSE.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA Story
In The Red Solstice universe, the Earth has been overrun by a STROL virus. The little that was left of mankind colonized Mars and established a society ruled by powerful corporations. But Mars isn’t a welcoming place, and a violent storm threatens to tear the colonies apart. In a race against time, both the corporation and the insurgents will stop at nothing to find a cure and reclaim the Earth. As the virus inevitably spreads through Tharsis colony, the players must fight the mutants, the storm, and the odds to find a cure before it’s too late.
By forming an unlikely alliance, a corporate grunt and an insurgent drone with a mind of its own narrowly escape destruction. During their attempt to evacuate, they realize that a cure exists, but also that the STROL virus has developed an intelligent form and devised a deadly plan to infest Mars. In the struggle to stop the virus, they discover who is responsible for the spread of the epidemic. As the odds of survival plummet, the stakes continue to rise.
“Alienation, Alien Swarm, and Helldivers all use the similar formula, which is good, but we believe that we can make it even better. That’s why we’ve expand on it by applying the ability to control the map with our most unique feature: “Tactical Decisions”, which will allow gamers to change the pace of the game. We are creating a unique action shooter that can be played tactically with twin-stick controls,” says Ironward CEO Hrvoje Horvatek.
Tactical twin-stick Gameplay
Solstice Chronicles: MIA is a story-driven tactical twin-stick shooter for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Focusing on tactical depth and complexity, where the gamer manipulates the pace of the game. Heavily driven by the ability to manage enemy spawn rate, it can be played tactically with twin-stick controls. This means that the player will either be able to enter a building, block the entrance, and search for supplies to ultimately destroy a nearby spawn point, or force monsters to spawn early. Each tactical decision will also have repercussions that gamers will need to manage.
The Games Main Features:
- Master fluid tactical twin-stick combat to blast through waves of mutants on Mars.
- Use your drone’s abilities tactically, weighing the risk and reward of decisions that drastically change the threat you face.
- Decide between scavenging for supplies and upgrades in the face of the oncoming menace, or pushing forward, potentially unprepared for the enemies still to come.
- Decimate the mutant onslaught with upgradeable weaponry, including shotguns, rocket launchers, and more, as well as special Heavy weapons, like the autocannon and flamethrower, which will obliterate everything in their path.
- Develop your own skill tree from across four classes–Assault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator–to become the ultimate instrument of destruction.
- Local co-op multiplayer.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA is available to pledge on Fig. Hence this gaming news, the launch will be in Q3 2017 on Linux, Mac PC, PS4, and Xbox One. To learn more about the game, visit the official website and the game’s Facebook page.