So what do you do with an infected Martian colony? Chatty drone companion? While facing off against unending hordes of space mutants that want to tear you limb from limb? Just another day at the office in #SolsticeChroniclesMIA. Coming first to #Windows, then Linux and Mac.
Launching July 26th on Steam. Since Ironward’s Solstice Chronicles: MIA will throw players into the boots of a lone marine. While left for dead, clawing for his own shotgun-induced survival. As he faces off against all manner of sci-fi horrors while #gaming. Don’t believe us? Check out the game’s teaser trailer below for a look at the explosive action lying in wait:
Blending twin-stick shooter gaming sensibilities with deep tactics. So you’d better be ready to flex your brain muscles before the mutants get to them first. The horrors bearing down on you aren’t liable to take it easy. So you’ll need to take advantage of Solstice Chronicles’ class-based skill-trees . With upgradeable weaponry, and countless drone abilities. Making it out alive at least until the bigger baddies start dropping in.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA Features
- Master fluid twin-stick combat to blast through waves of mutants on Mars.
- Use your drone’s abilities tactically. Weighing the risk and reward of decisions. Since these drastically change the threat you face.
- Decide between scavenging for supplies and upgrades. All to face off the oncoming menace or pushing forward. Potentially unprepared for the enemies still to come.
- Decimate the mutant onslaught with upgradeable weaponry, including shotguns, rocket launchers, and more, as well as special Heavy weapons, like the autocannon and flamethrower, which will obliterate everything in their path.
- Develop your own skill tree from across four classes–Assault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator–to become the ultimate instrument of destruction.
What about the Linux release?
“Prob by the end of the year, first we must finish the PC one [release].”
Come July 26th, it’s time to let your fight-or-flight instincts kick into overdrive. How will you take the fight to the mutants? Trigger finger can’t wait that long? Scratch that Martian-hunting itch in Ironward’s debut title. The Red Solstice, on sale for 70% off as part of the Steam Summer Sale starting now. Which is not a native Linux build, just Windows. Yet is still playable using PlayOnLinux or Wine.