Song of Horror upcoming survival horror is certainly a possibility for Linux beside Windows PC. Thanks to developer Protocol Games and their evolution of horror this Halloween. Due to release on Steam.
Few dates could be more fitting to launch a survival horror than October 31st. Home to the world-famous Pagan ode to all things eerie, Halloween. Song of Horror is the fresh new take on the survival horror adventure. Coming straight to Steam at the end of this month.
Taking a thrilling paranormal story. Also throwing in permadeath to give things a bit more edge. Song of Horror is the story of the famed writer Sebastian P. Husher. The man, along with his entire family, has gone missing.
Song of Horror Launch Trailer
Into this mystery steps the player. While you take on any one of 13 different characters. So you can piece together Husher’s final steps and demise. As a result, you will while encountering a string of events. This will open up to something truly dreadful. The nameless, dark entity known only as The Presence.
When each character dies, they die for good. So that those next in line pick up the story. Making progress where the previous character left off. But this time from an entirely new perspective. This is all while the player attempts to deal with The Presence. A foe controlled by A.I. that learns from the player’s play style. And also adapts the counter it.
- Song of Horror is being developed in Unreal Engine 4.
- For the different episode releases, we are not porting the game to Linux. But it is certainly a possibility for its full release next year.
So this is not yet a full out confirmation. But a very good “possibility” for survival horror fans. Or those brave enough to face, The Presence.
While this will mean waiting until the new year for Linux. The use of Unreal Engine 4 should make the game playable using Proton.
Since Song of Horror will be split into multiple episodes. The first two will be available on launch day. While introducing a fresh approach to the survival horror genre. As a result, offering a world that’s constantly adapting to your every move. Keeping you on your toes this Halloween. And quite possibly the next. Filling your every fiber with fear.
- Investigate a paranormal mystery wrapped up in a story of psychological horror.
- Tangle with The Presence, an otherworldly entity with its own adaptive A.I. that reacts to your actions and decisions to deliver an unscripted, unpredictable slice of horror.
- Choose between a group of unique characters, each one bringing their own point of view to play with a different relationship with both the story and other characters.
- When characters die, they die for good, but the horror continues…
- …with the investigation picked up by a new character, tackling the story from a unique perspective, but one affected by their predecessor’s actions.
- Explore haunted, sinister locations to gather clues to piece together the mystery behind the missing Sebastian P. Husher.
Song of Horror will release on Steam on October 31st for Windows PC. Including Episodes 1 and 2 available on day one. With further episodes to come. But for Linux, show some Tux Love and your +1 HERE.