One man development team Wizard Fu (Nathanael Weiss) releases Songbringer. While also receiving support from Double Eleven, the games now fully available on Ubuntu, Linux, Mac and Windows.
So for those who do not know, Songbringer is an action RPG. Taking inspiration from the original Zelda games. Since gamplay also comes with real time combat. Including a wide range of weapons and a tonne of hidden secrets. Since world maps are generated from a 6-letter world seed. Which in turn determines the layout of the overworld and dungeons.
While players take on the roll of Roq. A space-faring planetary surveyor who wakes up shirtless on a strange planet.
So with the help of robot companion Jib. It’s Roq’s job to piece together what’s happening. Since he has to save the universe from the evil, ancient army. Which he’s accidentally awoken…by stealing their Nanosword.
Only by exploring the harsh world of Ekzera. While mastering the dungeons and defeating its fearsome bosses. So only then will Roq unlock the secrets of his power and return the galaxy to peace. Along the way he will uncover powerful artefacts. Yet forging them anew, and use the Nanosword to crush galactic giants.
Songbringer gameplay features:
- Single-player action RPG
- Local co-operative two player mode
- Full gamepad support, including rumble
- Real time combat
- 7 kinds of weapons including the nanosword, boomerang-like tophat, bombs, blink orb, ghost sword projectile, lighter and kilobombs
- Hundreds of unique items and powerups
- Some items can be combined, for example: ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
- Hidden items, secret entrances, secret pathways, bomb-able walls
- Original soundtrack
- Online leaderboards highlight the top players based on completion time, percentage of map uncovered and percentage of items found
- Roguelike-inspired permadeath option which gives a higher score on the leaderboard and allows for faster runs
- Approximately 6-12 hours of gameplay per adventure, depending on thoroughness
- Procedurally generated overworld and dungeons
- A world contains: 1 overworld, 10 dungeons and 13 primary bosse