Space Chef crowdfunding campaign is in its final hours of funding for the Linux, Mac, and Windows PC game. Due to the support offered to help Blue Goo Games bring the game to life. The Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign is still going strong. Having more than doubled its stretch goal.
Independent game development studio Blue Goo Games Kickstarter to fund Space Chef down to the final two days. At least the time of writing. Due to make its way onto Steam and DRM-free. While the first Alpha is due to release in the first quarter of 2022. While the Beta Access tier, 6 months before the final release, Q1 2023. The full release of Space Chef is due to ship in Q3 2023 on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.
The Space Chef campaign is due to raise €17,243 ($19,753 USD) by November 18th. Current funding is €39,625 ($45,393 USD) more than doubling the initial goal. Having also succeeded in two of the Stretch Goals. The first goal ($30,000 USD) lets you expand your farm in the game. The second ($40,00 USD), includes an Inflatable Instacamp, letting you recover stamina and cook basic food. The next Stretch Goal will add Pets at the $55,000 USD goal.
Space Chef – First Gameplay by Kimchica
Inspired by games like Stardew Valley, Don’t starve, Overcooked and Space Quest. Space Chef is a 2D open world action adventure, with lots of cooking, farming, and crafting. So if you can imagine Stardew Valley in space, but with a shotgun and a cookbook.
The core gameplay of Space Chef is focused on hunting and gathering ingredients. Doing so by visiting planets, cooking, and preparing food. Then delivering it to hungry customers across the galaxy.
- Explore the galaxy: Discover planets, abandoned space stations, and visit strange settlements.
- Farm mysterious plants: Find unusual seeds on distant planets and nurture them on your farm. But you’ll have to wait until they’re ready to be harvested.
- Craft machines and gadgets: Collect all sorts of useful junk floating around in space in Space Chef. Then put it together to build machines that will help you make food faster. And your life is easier.
- Mine yourself rich: Using your nifty drill and various dangerous devices, discover valuable resources needed to build that giant thruster grill you’ve always dreamed of.
- Prepare for space combat: Upgrade your ship to defend yourself against pirates and competing food delivery services.
- Craft awesome helper bots: Dirty kitchen? Get a SuckBot. Bleeding out? MedBot is on the way. In Space Chef you can find rare electronic parts and build yourself a best friend in no time.
- Customize your home: Where you work is where you live, so make sure it is cozy. Collect decorations from around the galaxy and, if you’re really lucky, you’ll even find a talking plant to keep you up at night.
While the first Alpha due to release in the first quarter of 2022. While the Beta Access tier, 6 months before the final release, Q1 2023. The full release of Space Chef is due to ship in Q3 2023.
The Space Chef Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign is in its final hours. So now is the time to get your pledges in if you haven’t already. Since the game is due to release on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.