Space Mercs release the arcade space combat on Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Bearded Giant Games. The game releases now on Steam.
Space Mercs is an extreme arcade space combat game. Where the player faces both projectiles and lasers. While you work to complete all the mercenary missions. Tying to become the best pilot in the Galaxy.
Space Mercs Gameplay Trailer (Linux, Windows PC)
You also work through the game’s mission campaign. While you dodge, chase, fire, escort and absolutely destroy enemies. This range from small drones to huge battleships. While bound to a single rule: “If it moves, it dies“.
- Huge, real-time, space ship battles. With up to hundreds of spaceships on screen at the same time
- Mission battles range from small (3-10 ships) in Space Mercs. Scaling up into the gigantic sector wide battles (400-500 ships)
- Single player campaign where the stakes increase with every mission
- Thousands of projectiles on screen at every time
- Consistent graphics and performance even on really low hardware specs
- Shooter style control and flight system optimized for Keyboard and Gamepad use
- Instant battle mode. you are in a procedural generated shooter battle of epic scales
- Loadout system for ship weaponry and internal systems
- Coffee-break design where you can pickup and play in short 3 to 10 minute sessions
- Space Mercs has a functional cockpit display
Four different game modes:
- Quick Battle: You receive a random ship in Space Mercs. Also a random amount of wingmen. A random objective and you must face off a random number of enemies. So it’s literal chaos bound to keep on edge of your seat.
- Campaign: 30 action packed missions that can you unlock and explore. All available via the Bulletin Board. Since you get one or more targets, an objective, plus a reward. Then you are sent out into space. While completing the objective rewards you with credits. This also allows you to purchase more ships.
Destroying anything else outside of the objective. This rewards you with Prestige in Space Mercs. So you can use it to upgrade your new ships.
The backstory of the game, lore and conversation. Which you can explore via the use of the Command Line Interface in the game. Also read emails and access restricted folders. Explore your Station’s computer via a bash like interface.
- Duels (1 v 1 / 3 v 3) is a mode unlockable via campaign progression. This also allows you to gamble some of your hard earned prestige in battle. Win and multiply your Prestige. If you loose and it’s back to grinding enemies on missions.
- Survival is your reward for finishing the campaign. Jump between procedurally generated sectors and defeat a ever growing list of enemies and go for the highest score possible.
Space Mercs arcade space combat releases for Linux and Windows PC. Also priced at only $9.99 USD. Available now on Steam.