Gravity Whale Games releases its debut title spaceBOUND via Steam’s Early Access. Since the games available for Linux, Mac and Windows. While already having been Greenlight. Along with a successful supplementary fundraising campaign on Kickstarter.
spaceBOUND is a solo or co-op puzzle-platformer. Since players control two astronauts who must overcome deadly obstacles. All while solving motion/physics-based puzzles in a zero-gravity environment. The catch? The astronauts have crash landed on an asteroid. Yet have to share their oxygen via a tether. So if one astronaut dies or the tether breaks, they both die.
Therefore gameplay combines a brutal level of difficulty. With retro 16-bit artwork and an intense and atmospheric soundtrack.
So spaceBOUND brings players back to classic puzzle / platform games. While asking them to cooperate in ways few other games do.
Since spaceBOUND releases as a unique game to be in Steam Early Access. The build is fully-playable, missing only online co-op (included with full release). While the game’s full version is expected to launch in late August. So yes, Gravity Whale Games decided on a short Early Access period. This way they reward supporters and get a more broadminded player feedback.
- A brutal puzzle-platformer designed to challenge players to the utmost limits of their abilities.
- Solo or cooperative play (local co-op and online).
Note: Online co-op may not be available during early access.
- Hidden collectibles, unlockable character skins and a whole bunch of achievements.
- Time Trial mode for the most experienced and masochistic players. Challenge your friends with a competitive online leaderboard.
- Full controller support – Up to 2 controllers for local co-op play.
- So there is a steep learning curve that introduces new elements. While you delve the mine’s depths, forcing players to think quickly. Or have their astronauts meet a grisly fate.
- Five unique boss levels that put reflexes, skill, and cooperation to the ultimate test.
- Beautiful 16-bit artwork and lighting effects. While designed with a retro feel to evoke past eras of classic gaming.
- Progressive levels that require players to learn, adapt, and solve multiple motion and timing puzzles in rapid succession.
- Terrifying obstacles: asteroids; lasers of all sizes and speeds; gears and saws that pulverize anything they touch; electric ropes; laser-guided turrets; smashers; gravity beams; moving platforms and pipes; and many more gruesome ways to die.
- An intense and atmospheric ambient score inspired by action and science fiction thrillers. Soundtrack available to purchase at launch.