Sparklite action adventure game just released Update 1.5 for Mac beside Windows PC, but Linux is in development. Thanks to a recent reply from developer Red Blue Games. The games available on Humble Store and Steam. But support is coming to GOG soon.
The whimsical action adventure game released Mac support. Since we last posted news about a Linux build. It seems we are next in line. But it looks like Sparklite has a new content update. And also the amount of content and new features this includes.
First, what’s going on with Linux? Well, it appears support is still “coming”.
It’s coming. Mac was easier since we develop on it. We’re still chipping away at it along with other development.
Red Blue Games also mentioned a private beta incoming. And since Unity 3D is being used for development. Hopefully we’ll have a native Linux build available soon. But there is no release date yet. So that means sitting tight until we get out port.
Sparklite Mega-Update, 1.5 now available
Sparklite is an action adventure. Which also takes place in a whimsical and ever changing land of Geodia. Battle foes in top-down action using an arsenal of gadgets, guns, and gear. Explore dangerous corners of the procedurally generated world. While taking down titans of the mining industry. And harnessing the power of Sparklite.
From solving puzzles to defeating a range of different bosses and enemies. Sparklite joins together elements of classic adventure titles such as The Legend of Zelda. While blending in approachable roguelike elements. Gear up for the adventure and get ready to immerse yourself in an everchanging world. As you take Ada across an assortment of different biomes. Maybe even save Geodia in the process.
- Stunning visuals – Intricate pixel art aesthetic inspired by retro classics
- Original soundtrack – GameCube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
- Explore the world of Sparklite – Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes
- Invent your arsenal – Invent gadgets to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Battle bosses – Take on the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans
- Meet the locals – Befriend the people of Geodia and help build The Refuge
Update 1.5, includes everything listed below:
- New! Casual Game Mode – For an easier experience
- New! Champion Game Mode – For the hardcore gamer looking to challenge themselves
- Updated save slot UI
- Enhanced boss fights
- New character in the Refuge
- New Baron cinematic
- Updated sinkholes
- Updated Furnaces
- Chopping grass now has a chance to drop Sparklite
- Thanks to active community the devs also added a lot of bug fixes. Not to mention quality of life improvements