Sparklite action adventure and the latest update get a Linux release, with Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Red Blue Games and publisher Merge Games. Now to mention that huge discount on Steam. But regular price on Humble Store but coming soon to GOG.
So now that the arrival of Sparklite is available on Linux. This marks another positive for the whimsical action adventure game. Which also includes the latest content update for the game.
Linux users will be pleased with the new release. As well as the amount of content and new features it includes.
Sparklite is an action adventure taking place in the whimsical and ever changing land of Geodia. Battle foes in top down action while using an arsenal of gadgets, guns, and gear. Explore dangerous corners of the procedurally generated world. So you can take down titans of the mining industry. And harness the power of Sparklite!
- Stunning visuals – Intricate pixel art aesthetic inspired by retro classics
- Original soundtrack – GameCube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
- Explore the world of Sparklite – Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes
- Invent your arsenal – Invent gadgets so you can solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Battle bosses – Take on the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans
- Meet the locals– Befriend the people of Geodia and help build The Refuge
Sparklite Release Trailer
The latest update, Update 1.6, includes everything listed below;
- New! Casual Game Mode– For an easier experience
- New! Champion Game Mode – For the hardcore gamer looking to challenge themselves
- Extra rooms added to Golden Woods Region
- Enhanced boss fights
- New character in the Refuge
- UX Improvements including Widget quick equip
- Updated sinkholes
- Updated Furnaces
- Chopping grass now has a chance to drop Sparklite
Also, for a full list of the changes, check out Sparklite’s Steam Community Announcement.
Casual Game Mode:
The brand new Casual Game Mode is intended for people who mostly just want to see everything Sparklite has to offer. Doing so without the pressure of failure. In this mode, hearts drop more often, players begin their adventure with more health & there are also more dig spots. This mode is ideally suited to players who want to focus on Sparklite’s story and enjoy the world of Geodia.
Champion Game Mode:
For players who like an additional challenge after beating the game. Ada’s adventure will be harder this time around. Enemies and Titans will be stronger and have new attacks but, the rewards will be greater as they will drop more Sparklite. Players start the game with all schematics but Vaults no longer appear in the world. Choose this mode for a whole new way to experience Sparklite!
Finally, as if that wasn’t enough, you can now also earn unique banners in Town. Which can be seen on all saves, not just the one you finished the game on. All for beating Standard and Champion modes.