The Spatials: Galactology is not complete with a full release coming for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since the debut introduces a reimagined but a much larger and more rewarding simulation game. This will be fully available on Steam and Humble Store next Wednesday, April 18th.
The Spatials: Galactology also comes with mod support and active pause. Adding new items and structures to build. As well as trade routes to exploit and planets with many new variables. While including sophisticated AI, civilizations that actually attack your station and unique gameplay systems. All behind every object and room.
The game also ships with full Steam Workshop compatibility. This will include a large chunk of gameplay source code with every copy sold.
The galaxy the Spatials once knew is different. The Federation is collapsing, a 5,000-year-old cat is leading a revolution. While strange cults are flourishing. And the worst chef of all time is a TV superstar. So it’s time for the Spatials start a new era of science and diplomacy. Building the ultimate tourist trap, aka. vacation hotspot. You know, the one in the outer reaches of the universe.
The Spatials: Galactology trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
The Spatials: Galactology Features:
- Reinforce your colony space station with new buildings, staff, and robots.
- Build spaceships as you explore the galaxy.
- Forge trade links and defend your allies from enemies.
- Earn in-game cash by growing your colony’s hospitality business. Also trading with other civilizations or plundering planets!
- Explore a detailed simulation featuring many systems to tinker with. Since this includes logistics, manufacturing, research, healthcare and disease. As wellas emotional breakdowns, combat, hunger, thirst, cleaning, decay, security, fire, and more. So yes, that’s a lot of personal issues.
- Handle random events that keep you on the edge. Including invasions, spies, space monsters and medical emergencies. But also nosy bureaucrats with unreasonable demands, malfunctions and VIPs.
- Item and officer progression systems featuring desires, feelings, and minds of their own.
New Features Added since Steam Early Access:
- Colony stations built on planets
- Building system based on rooms with separate flooring and walls
- New room styles
- Combine any floor tiles together with a range of colors
- New objects to furnish the station, both decorative and functional
- New space flight system based on wormholes
- Ship construction
- Civilizations also have ships and use them to visit you
- New civilizations (Chuchus, Cucurbians and Meductians)
- Per-factory order queues
- Global mode for factory production based on stock levels
- Per-job per-officer job priorities
- Class system with task-based learning and progression and a new set of skills
- Private property and rooms for your officers – and demands related to class
- Equippable items for your officers, make them more powerful with better loot
- Security system with item progression, shields turrets and security doors
- Events and disasters, spies, monsters, and VIPs can come visit your station
- Disease system with healthcare and hospitals
- Hotel system
- Visitor archetypes with different needs and expectations
- Redesigned research system and UI
- Redesigned staff screen
- Door filters
- Room-level aesthetic score and noise levels, which can affect vital tasks
- Large optimizations and performance enhancements
- Support for languages with custom fonts
- Built-in support for Chinese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Turkish and Russian
Pricing and Availability:
The Spatials: Galactology will be available on Steam as a full release next Wednesday, April 18, for $9.09 USD (30% discount). This means a Linux, Mac and Windows launch. Also, the game will return to its original price of $12.99 USD on April 25th. So that’s one week after launch. Check out Humble Store as well.