Speed Brawl is a new classic style beat em up coming to Windows, but we have word on Linux support. All thanks to Kongregate, a leading publisher of mobile, console, PC, and web games. Who is also revealing the first gameplay trailer for Speed Brawl.
A not so classic beat em up, Speed Brawl cranks the speed up to 11. Developed by Double Stallion Games, Speed Brawl is a 2D combat-racer with management and platforming elements. It’s about moving fast and hitting hard, maintaining momentum, and judiciously managing stamina to unleash powerful special moves.
We do hope to support Linux. One thing that’s important to us is maintaining parity between all versions – from Switch thru to PC.
The game has been developed in Unity, with a lot of custom tools and a wholly custom physics and networking stack. So we know Linux shouldn’t be a problem for us, but it’s not a day one priority.
End of August/beginning of Sept is our best guess, at least until we get the sign off from all three console partners.”
Since this is some positive news. It’s also a pleasure to receive appreciation in the reply regarding Linux support. Seeing the development team are also rethinking the roadmap.
While this means support is likely, Linux will not get a day one release. But that Unity 3D confirmation is certainly a bonus.
Speed Brawl beat em up Gameplay Trailer (Windows, hopefully Linux)
- Razor sharp visuals and beautifully animated characters.
- Over 50 unique action-packed beat em up championships and challenges.
- Build a tag-team from 6 vibrant brawlers each with unique play style and distinct personalities.
- An imaginative and humorous story throughout. Will also reveal high drama and even higher stakes for each brawler!
- Suit up! – Devise your brawler’s optimal loadout. Buy, win, and sell equipment to fashion the ultimate fighters.
- Invest in skill upgrades for heavier hits and flashier style.
- A fluid and deep combat system. Speed Brawl’s freeform combos let you chain together ground and air combos. While including special moves, assists, and tag attacks for ultimate devastation.
- Move on up to the big leagues! Conquer escalating hazards and devious bosses in the Threepenny, Sixpence, Florin, and Crown leagues. Since each league is run by a unique and diabolical league owner. Along with their own plans to halt your Speed Brawl career. A nasty lack of support.
- Gotta go fast! – The faster you are, the harder your hit. Go for gold and blast through to the finish line.
- Brawl solo or brawl with a friend – Online and local co-operative play throughout!
Speed Brawl is set in a dystopic Victorian era London. After a decade of war with the Lunar invaders named the Selenites. The British Empire finally vanquished the insect-like menace. Following the war, the Selenites became the new workforce of our industrial revolution, ushering in a new era of progress and prosperity.
However, listlessness and disobedience rampaged throughout the middle and working classes. In order to satiate the masses, the ultimate entertainment, Speed Brawl, was created. Which is an elite sport where only the bravest, the fastest, and the most worthy warriors could wage a petty war against the Selenite hordes. Proving your worth in this chaotic beat em up world full of colour and calamity you’ve gotta fight, for your right… to… Speed Brawl!
Speed Brawl beat em up is releasing this September on Steam, Kartridge, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. So prospective brawlers can Wishlist now on the game’s Steam page. Learn more about the game and sign up for the newsletter on SpeedBrawl.com.