THQ Nordic releases Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. The games available on Steam and GOG with a 34% discount. Since Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy takes players back to ancient Egypt and the action-adventure genre.
Main changes added to the Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows re-release:
- Support for arbitrary resolutions and widescreen (HD, 4K and beyond), native multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) and anisotropic filtering (AF) for crisp details at 60 frames per second.
- Rewritten 3D graphics engine in portable and modern OpenGL 3+, based on the original Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions, supporting volumetric soft particles.
- Rewritten audio subsystem for cross-platform reverb and realistic distance scaling, together with stereo, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and HRTF sound output thanks to the new OpenAL Soft back-end.
- Optional support for Xbox-style controllers with force feedback.
- Plug-and-play; the player can switch between mouse/keyboard and controller during gameplay at any given time.
- Full keyboard and mouse support. Added support to the interface so that buttons. Since can now click and lists you also scroll through. Controlling the camera with the mouse.
- The game is based on the PAL version of the original game, fixing the notorious savegame bug of the NTSC version.
- Fixed several graphical and collision-related issues that weren’t previously visible at lower screen resolutions.
- Restored HD textures, carefully repainted several GUI elements to remove pillar-boxing and cover the widescreen areas while respecting and following the original artwork.
- No GUI or HUD stretching.
Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy is an original 3rd person action-adventure. Also inspired by the mythology of ancient Egypt. While travelling the world via magical portals. All to foil the evil plans of Set. Sphinx’s Journey. Which will require all his wits, agility, and special powers. Since he will also rely on his reluctant hero friend, The Mummy. Helping when being inconspicuous is the only solution. All to find the stolen magical crowns of Egypt. Sphinx can stop Set and save the world.
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Features:
- Use Sphinx’s skill with weapons to face deadly mythical monsters — and transform to a winged lion
- Take control the Mummy when strength & combat skills aren’t needed — use Mummy’s stealth abilities to avoid enemies
- Interact with hundreds of unique and imaginative creatures, enemies and allies
- Fantastic graphics bring this mythical world based on Egyptian legends to life