Spirit Island settler destruction strategy game releases on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Handelabra Games. Available now in Steam Early Access
Spirit Island is a new cooperative, settler destruction strategy game. Now available in Early Access for the next 2-3 months. And the reviews are Positive. But there also seems to be some fluctuation. Which is intesting, since the board game is well received. So now this gives Handelabra a chance to expand gameplay. And of course make changes based on player feedback.
Gameplay for Spirit Island takes place in an alternate history world. Somewhere around A.D. 1700, give or take. While players take on different spirits of the land. Each with their own unique elemental powers. Who are also forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders. Those that are spreading disease and destruction. So your spirits will work with native islanders to increase your power. While allowing you to drive the invading colonists from your island. All in a strategic area control game.
Spirit Island Early Access Trailer
As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further. They will typically lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power. So when they do, the land itself will fight back. Along with the islanders who live there.
In Spirit Island, players choose between 1-4 spirits to control. The number of spirits determines the size of the island. Check out the trailer below to get an idea, how to play.
How To Play
Planned to include the following:
- 8 different Spirits, each with 4 Powers unique to that Spirit
- Over 50 distinct Major and Minor Powers. Which Spirits can also grow into
- A modular island, made up of 4 modular Boards. With a variety of layouts
- 15 Invader cards, driving a Spirit Island Invader expansion system
- 15 Fear cards, showing what happens as you terrify the Invader
- 3 multi-tier Adversaries (specific Invaders) for play variety. These are a fine tuned challenge: England, Brandenburg Prussia, and Sweden
- 4 optional Scenarios for even more play variety
Spirit Island settler destruction strategy is now in Early Access. Priced at $21.24 USD with a 15% discount until April 23rd. Available on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Which is worth checking if you know the original board game. But even if you don’t it’s also worth playing.