The new expansion greatly increases X4: Foundations. Both the free major 3.0 Update and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta. With a release available on both Linux and Windows PC.
Over the past months, EGOSOFT has been working to create the 3.0 Update. While leveling up X4: Foundations. Still one of the biggest game updates in the company’s thirty year history.
In addition to a new storyline called “A Lever to Move the World”. This also introduces strategic missions. And as a result, the huge update includes a new unlockable game start. Plus three new stand alone tutorial scenarios. Helping new pilots get started. And introducing players to the X-Universe. Plus numerous new gameplay elements.
X4: Split Vendetta and Update 3.0
The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries. While covering new features, weapons, sectors, and improved gameplay elements. Aside from X4: Split Vendetta. The free update includes an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. Also note, the full list is available in the EGOSOFT forums.
- New storyline, while introducing tactful missions: “A lever to move the worlds”
- New systems to discover, experience and conquer
- Added French voice recordings
- 3 new stand alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
- New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
- New unlockable game start
- Virtual seminars and also faster progress for skills in crew training
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Configurable alert system, not just in X4: Split Vendetta
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit
- Policing options for player owned space
- Several new weapons
- Improved graphics engine
- Improved sound effects
- Improvements to menus. Including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
- More control over drones and turrets
- Alternative steering methods. While including head tracking systems and a X3 retro mode
- Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
- Search facility for Logbook
X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. The expansion really increases the size of the universe. While introduces two new Split family clans. Including their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules.
Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations. The X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures. Likewise, the new game starts allow for a even more mixed experience. Since this is the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy. TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them. Maybe BUILD your own station design based on the new modules. But THINK correctly on your path through the new diplomatic missions.
- New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
- Massive expansion of the universe
- Exciting new Split weapon technology
- Many new ships
- Lots of new station modules
X4: Split Vendetta is now releases on Steam and GOG ($14.99 USD / £12.49 / €14.99). With builds for Linux and Windows PC. Also the first of two expansions that will be automatically available. Included for all owners of the X4: Foundations Collector’s Edition.