Currently in gaming news, Splody will see a Linux port. Hence this #explosive multiplayer battler created by indie developer Dashing Strike Games. Having already blasted it’s way onto Steam. While offering a nice range of impressive #features and #gameplay.
“The game engine is a custom engine written in C/C++ using OpenGL (with some things like SDL and FMOD to help with cross-platform support). A Linux port is planned, probably in my second or third major update. The first major update, which is adding leaderboards and online ranking, will be out in the next couple weeks, and I expect 1-2 months for each of the other two major updates I’ve got planned. I’m a one-man company, so updates take a little while with all of the other stuff going on.”
An honest yet very straight forward reply. Since some developers are using their own game engine. It’s a pleasure to see yet another. Even though custom engines can slow down the porting process. Dashing Strike Games have a plan and the one-man team is sincere about his intent.
Since Splody is simple to learn but challenging to master. Players will have to place bombs, get out of the way and destroy others. So gaming consists of collecting power-ups to ‘splode your way to victory. All set in a variety of game modes for smooth multiplayer and virtually unlimited local players.
- Online multiplayer
- Host your own custom online game, or just jump in to a public game to quickly get into the action
- As many local players as you can connect controllers for (4-20 recommended)
- Play against bots to practice or fill in a game
- Level editor, share custom levels
- Various game modes and settings including “Capture the Dino” – Fight over control for a mount in this game mode which keeps all players respawning and in the action until the end of the match
- Even in the “classic” game mode, with post-mortem “orbital bombers,” players can affect the game after they are defeated, so no one gets bored between matches
Splody includes several exciting modes for gaming. Players can take on the classic Last Man Standing or play Capture the Dino. While fighting over control for a mount, which keeps all players respawning until the end of the match. Free-For-All or teams is also available, while Special Levels offer different behaviors.
So Splody coming to Linux is come solid news. Yet gameplay is suitable for players of all ages and experience levels. Making the game a fun must-have release. Yet currently available on Steam for Windows PC and playable in Wine.