Splody launches on Linux with a nice discount
Since the second major update to Splody releases. This adds support for Linux, SteamOS, Ubuntu and Mac, including cross-platform multiplayer. While the testing phase is over, it’s time to celebrate, Splody. Hence the discount, with 40% off this week. Therefore if you’ve not grabbed it yet, now’s a great time.
Splody Major Features and Fixes
Here are the biggest things since the last major update:
- Mac OS X Support
- Linux / SteamOS Support
- Windows XP Support, because, why not?
- Bot Difficulty Options allowing for easier bots for new players, and even harder bots for experienced players
- New rendering pipeline offers more performance and compatibility for these ports, as well as possible future console releases
- New remote bomb options: unlimited and one simultaneous per powerup
- Better SteamLink Support when adding/removing controllers from your SteamLink
- More minor fixes and improvements noted in the ChangeLog.
With this update wrapped up, and the engine in a much more portable state. Therefore next week Dashing Strike will start diving into the technical side of getting Splody on PS4. So there are still some things to work out with Sony regarding cross-platform multi-player. Yet the developer definitely wants existing Steam users to be able to play against users brought in through PS4. Despite that, it’s looking very likely that Splody will be on PS4 sometime in the future. Probably not for at least a few months. For Steam users, this also means a few more features will likely be coming. Which of course includes the games Achievements and Trophies.
Splody Release Trailer:
- Online multiplayer
- Ranking and Leaderboards
- As many local players as you can connect controllers for (4-20 recommended)
- Play against bots to practice or fill in a game
- Level editor, share custom levels
- Music by The Hamster Alliance
- Various game modes and settings including:
- Traditional “Last Man Standing”
- “Capture the Dino” – Fight over control for a mount in this game mode which keeps all players respawning and in the action until the end of the match
- Free for all or teams
- “Humans vs Bots” – a team of human players (online and/or local) vs large numbers of bots
- Special levels with different behaviors
- With post-mortem “ghost bombers,” players can affect the game after they are defeated, so no one gets bored between matches
- Built on a custom engine supporting any number of any kind of controller, smooth performance on low-end hardware, and snappy online multiplayer even on high-latency connections with players from around the world
Therefore, if you do not own Splody, now is the time. Since the games available with a 40% off, week long discount. Playable across Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows.