A new games coming to the Star Traders series. The epic space role-playing game Star Traders: Frontiers. Also set for a 2017 debut on Linux, Mac and Windows via Steam Early Access. From the creators of Templar Battleforce, Heroes of Steel and Star Traders: 4X Empires. So we are hoping the games release will give Trese Brothers more interaction with the community. And hopefully an epic full release.
First there was the Exodus. When survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind. Searching for a new home in the stars. While worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds. While trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Hence the discovery of the hyperwarp. Bridging what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies. As well as long-lost families and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants. But it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries are reborn. Blood was shed in age-old feuds and the fires of war are alive again. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising. Also, the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Star Traders: Frontiers Trailer:
So now, players will customize their ship with more than 300 upgrades. Then journey across the games endless procedurally-generated galaxy. With an in-depth simulation of political, economic and personal vendettas. Also, every single crew and officer is a full character with personality traits. Including their own history, job and talents. Watch them grow, manage/promote them, celebrate their victories. And perhaps even mourn their deaths.
The galaxy is being torn by internal strife, political intrigue and alien threats. So, will you fly as a pirate terrorizing the shipping lanes. Join the solar wars as a military captain. Or track targets as a fearsome bounty hunter? The choice is yours in Star Traders: Frontiers, coming to Linux, Mac and Windows.
Star Traders: Frontiers Features:
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and face off against enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (21 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal matters.
Since Star Traders: Frontiers hit Kickstarter back in 2014. Which will be available on Steam Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows. The games release is coming on November 14, 2017. The price will be set at $11.99 USD with a 20% discount until November 21, 2017. When the game returns to its original price of $14.99 USD.