Star Traders: Frontiers gets full release date for the epic space RPG for Linux, Mac and Windows. So after receiving a full Steam release Wednesday, August 1st. And also after eight successful months on Early Access.
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more. While taking total control of your destiny as you venture through a massive open universe. Choose your path in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife. As well as political intrigue and alien threats.
So will you fly as a pirate terrorizing the shipping lanes? Join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets as a fearsome bounty hunter? The choice is yours on the full launch date for Star Traders: Frontiers on Linux, Mac and Windows.
Customize your ship with more than 300 upgrades. Since will journey across an endless procedurally-generated galaxy. This also means exploring in-depth simulation of political, economic and personal vendettas. Since every single crew and officer is a full character with personality traits, history, job, and talents.
Watch them grow, manage/promote them, celebrate their victories … and perhaps even mourn their deaths.
Star Traders: Frontiers Space RPG Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
The Story So Far
First, there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun.
Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants. But it has also brought great strife.
In Star Traders: Frontiers RPG political rivalries have been rekindled. Blood has been shed in age-old feuds and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising for the coming release date. And the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep..
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades on Linux, Mac and Windows. So you can build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Shape the crew based on player choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever – or scarred and half-mad.
Pricing, Availability and Release date:
Star Traders: Frontiers RPG will be available on Steam. So the Linux, Mac Windows release date is August 1st for only $11.99 USD including a 20% discount. On August 8th, the game will return to its original price of $14.99.