In this Starbound update players take on the role of an intergalactic bounty hunter. So you can take on new quests to track down wanted criminal gangs. While you follow clues to discover their hideouts. Rise up through the Peacekeeper ranks. So you can ultimately restore law and order in the universe.
While cornered some criminals may even offer treasure. Even rewards as a bribe. So it’s up to you to decide. How strictly they’ll uphold the law.
There are also over 50 new ‘rare colored’ variant monsters. These can all be captured. and a variety of other new content including furniture, armor, tenants and more!
Starbound 1.4 – Bounty Hunter Update Trailer (Linux, Mac and Windows PC)
There’s a detailed changelog available on the game’s official wiki.
Starbound is an extraterrestrial sandbox adventure game. You’ve fled your home. So now you find yourself lost in space with a damaged ship. Therefore your only option is to beam down to the planet below. While you gather the lands resources you need. So you can repair your ship. and set off to explore the vast, infinite universe.
1.4 Update Key Features:
- New procedurally-generated quests that see the player travel to worlds. While you can go into space, hunting down criminal gangs
- So new Peacekeeper stations for Starbound bounty hunters. Work your way through promotions and restore law in the universe
Take the fight to criminal gangs at their hideouts. Including a climatic final mission & boss fight!
- Brand new quests: Becoming a Peacekeeper and Rookie Assignment. Also Rising through the Ranks, The Good Fight, Keeping the Peace, Going after the Occasus
- New generated criminal hideout micro dungeons
- The new elemental monster variants. They are also capturable. So you can earn progress in a new collection.
- New furniture, objects, costumes, weapons, and more!
- 4 new music tracks by Starbound composer Curtis Schweitzer
- And of course some minor bug fixes