StarDrive 2 a 4x indie strategy space title released on Steam today for Linux, Mac and Windows PC
Zero Sum Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive release galactic conquest with StarDrive 2, a space #4X mixing #turnbased and tactical RTS battles. Just released on Steam for for #Linux, Mac and Windows PC
Developed with Unity engine, StarDrive 2 features ship customization, nine alien races, real-time space combat, turn-based empire management and ground combat, and “hundreds of technologies” to research.
“Creating StarDrive 2 on the Unity engine has been a rich, rewarding experience, and now that it’s complete, I am totally excited for fans of the franchise and 4X genre to dive in,” said Daniel DiCicco of the studio in Portland, Oregon. “There is so much more here that 4X gamers will enjoy: The ship design offers a better, faster interface, the ground battles add diversity, new alien races add complexity, and the Unity Engine shines in the background all the while.”
StarDrive 2 is an exciting and evolutionary step forward for the StarDrive franchise. In this eagerly anticipated sequel, the core mechanics have evolved to incorporate a turn-based strategic layer, featuring spectacular realtime battles. As the galactic ruler of your race you will lead your people into a procedurally-generated galaxy, exploring and expanding your space empire to greatness. Exploit planets, navigate asteroid belts and overcome deep space dangers while handling interspecies relations to gain the upper hand. Conduct diplomacy and espionage, make alien friends that will deliver thriving trade treaties – or enemies that will seek to exterminate you at all costs. Research new technologies and design powerful warships to defend your claims. Discover the extensive lore of the StarDrive universe by encountering many dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.
· Turn-based, Real-time: Players build a space empire in a turn-based environment, but experience battles in real-time.
· Nine Alien Races: Experience a multitude of pirate factions, handle interspecies relations, conduct diplomacy and espionage, and make alien friends or enemies.
· Ship Design: Build ships in the Custom Ship Design Mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
· Heroes: Gamers can hire unique heroes to govern their worlds or to command their mighty fleets in battle.
· Expansive Universe and Lore: Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants and more, and discover the extensive, unique lore by encountering dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.
· High Tech: Gamers can research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to their race, and unlock even more through in-game events and galactic exploration.
· Battle Arena Mode: Enter Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents.
· Unity Built: Created on the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.
· Full Steam Support: Includes Steam features such as Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, enabling modders to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.
StarDrive 2 just released for Linux, Mac and Windows PC on Steam today, with a 33% discount for owners of the first StarDrive.