Starsector developer FractalSoftworks pushes out a new update for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since this improves the game’s already stellar mechanics, skills, and campaign narrative. While modern art and effects co-mingle with old school aesthetics. Creating a one-two punch of universal proportions.
What, do you ask, is Starsector? Take a slice of Star Control, mix it with a pinch of Master of Orion 2. While you then add a dash of MechWarrior and stir it all up in Fractal Softworks’ special development pot. So what you end up getting is a high-flying, laser-blasting, tactical-jaunt through the galaxy.
Starsector is a game of space fleet combat, management, and role-playing. Since you have to command a fleet of starships in tactical combat. Explore, trade, engage in epic space battles. And also level up your ship in this open-ended sandbox game, all in a lost sector of the galaxy.
Find adventure, glory (or infamy), and profit (or ruin) among the far-flung frontier. While no date has been announced for the launch, access to the game is available by pre-ordering Starsector. Which will gives players access to all build pushes going forward until release.
Starsector – Official Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Get your starfleet on in Starsector, currently in development from FractalSoftworks (a studio of one industrious developer with a deep passion for sci-fi). There was recently a big update, which introduced a ton of new content (listed below).
What’s the new update that FractalSoftworks releases:
- Establish colonies! Build up industrial production to make a profit, improve your colonies, and protect them from many dangers
- Visit a port-side bar to find missions and other opportunities
- Fight alongside – or against – massive orbital stations
- Create your own faction and set up its military doctrine
- Find blueprints and use them to let your colonies produce ships, weapons, and fighters
- Face enemy ships with dynamically generated weapon load-outs
- Discover new dangers and derelicts on the fringes of the Sector
- Explore planetary ruins
- Raid core worlds for plunder or to disrupt your competition
Therefore, check out the full update log for Starsector on the development blog. You can also pre-order and play Starsector on Linux, Mac and Windows for $15.00 USD. So this early access to all features before launch at the discounted price.