Since there is a new update to #Starsector for Linux, Mac and #Windows. Due to Fractal Softworks pushing out new content to improve on the game. Since we already have stellar mechanics, skills and the #games campaign narrative. Complete with modern art and effects, co-mingle with old school aesthetics. Creating a one-two punch of universal proportions.
So what is Starsector? Take a slice of Star Control, mix it with a pinch of Master of Orion. Then add a dash of MechWarrior and stir it all up in Fractal Softworks. Therefore players get a high-flying, laser-blasting, tactical experience through the galaxy.
Since Starsector is a game of sci-fi warfare management. While also including a role-playing element, as players command a fleet of starships in tactical battle. So explore, trade, engage in the games epic space combat. Then level up your ship in this open-ended sandbox game. All set in a lost sector of the galaxy.
Hence you can find adventure, glory (or infamy), and profit (or ruin) in the far-flung frontier. While no date has been announced for launch, access to the game is available by pre-ordering Starsector. Since this includes support for Linux, Mac and Windows. So players get to access to the update and all builds going forward. Right through to the release. All available using the games standalone launcher.
- Single player, gritty, dystopian sci-fi setting
- Classic top-down gameplay style enhanced by modern technology
- A procedurally generated sector of the galaxy, seeded with well-known core worlds and factions
- Develop your character into a hot-shot pilot, a smuggler, a stern admiral, an industrial magnate – or anything in between
- Outfit ships with your weapons of choice and add hull modifications to create devastating tactical combinations
- Explore hundreds of locations to find habitable worlds, rich resource deposits, and lost technology
- Assemble a large, powerful fleet or a finely-tuned task force with hand-picked officers and crew
- Cripple core world supply lines to create easy prey for piracy or bolster the rule of law and try to reverse the Sector’s descent into chaos
- Leave your mark upon the world and determine the fate of the Sector with your decisions
- More hand-crafted star systems to flesh out the core worlds area of the Sector
- Procedurally-generated areas to explore beyond the core worlds
- Run salvage operations and planetary surveys, with associated missions for further profit
- Ship recovery – repair derelict ships or ships disabled after battle and add them to your fleet
- Revamped carrier & fighter mechanics – command fighters launched from your carrier
- New campaign abilities – scavenging, distress calls, and more
- Skill overhaul – added Industry aptitude; every point matters
- Several new ships, including new carriers
- New terrain types – pulsar beams and black holes
- A new “reckless” officer personality
- + lots of fixes and improvements!
Check out the full update log for Starsector on the development blog. Also, pre-order’s Starsector for Linux, Mac and Windows are available for $15.00 USD. Since this is early access to all features before launch at this discounted price.