#ArcenGames is proud and excited to #announce the launch of its latest #release, Starward Rogue — available now for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC on Steam and Humble Store. A roguelike labyrinth lodged in the side of a star. Dodge gorgeous waves of bullets, claim weapons and upgrades, defeat The Warden, and rescue… Rodney?
“Starward Rogue is a passion project designed not just by myself but by a team of other hardcore fans of this sub-genre,” Arcen Founder and Starward Rogue lead designer Chris Park states.
“We have several thousand hours in similar games, and we wanted to do something excitingly new without being completely alien. We had a very tight timeline, so as far as the rest of the world is concerned this game is coming out of nowhere. After months of crunch-mode development we’re still finding it hard to stop playing after each run, so hopefully you enjoy it as well as we do!”
“Were it up to me, it’d be labelled a “bullet-filled explosion factory with items and stuff,” Misery, designer of the game’s Misery difficulty, adds.
- Roguelite catacombs that evolve and expand with each of your successes.
- Hundreds of items, enemies and rooms, and dozens of epic boss fights.
- Fully playable with keyboard+mouse or gamepad.
- 5 difficulty levels range from “Relatively Easy” to “Nigh Impossible.”
- Play as a “head in a mech” harvested from the neck of everyone’s favourite Hydral.
- Find secrets of The Megalith, a giant structure lodged in a star, as you lose many heads.
- Figure out what happened to Rodney, an AI redshirt of uncertain motives.
- Over-the-top mod support. Detailed wiki: create enemies, items, weapons, and rooms.
- Secrets! Among them “incredibilities” that massively change the way the game plays.
- Varied mech suits: dipole magnetism, time control, and more.
- Upgrade during each “run” via EXP/Perks, shops, and items found while exploring.
Starward Rogue is 10% off through launch week, with the discount ending on January 29. Additionally, Steam users with either Bionic Dues or A Valley Without Wind in their games library will automatically receive an additional 15% off their purchase. A coupon with the same additional discount is offered to Humble Store customers that own any of Arcen’s prior releases — all of which can currently be picked up with major discounts as part of Humble’s Winter Sale.
- OS: Ubuntu 10.10 or later, although other unsupported distros may work
- Processor: 2.2Ghz CPU
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: Screen resolution at least 720px high, and 1024px wide.
- Storage: 400 MB available space